Hello new to this, need a bit of help with wheels!

chillbay

Reaction score
Hi
Been watching for some time with interest and picking up some very useful info, so thought I'd sign up!
Now for a question, I've seen threads on wheels but not sure on this one, I need a little help with deciding.
I have an 03 A4 Avant 1.9tdi SE not modified ie not lowered.
The wheels in question are off an A3, they OEM S-Line 18" 5x112 with an ET54, the tyres are 225 x 40 x 18.
My questions are:
What do I need to do to make these wheels fit and look the part, will I need spacers if so what size, will I need to lower and by how much?
I dont want it slammed to the floor, just modestly cool :)
Or should I just get a sports model.....

I have 18inch a3 wheels on mine, just needed about 20mm spacers on, and lowering about 30mm.

Thanks mattyb6, just checked spacers with bolts and I'm looking at about £114, perhaps I should be looking at wheels for the b6 but I like s line wheels, would you advise coilovers or just springs, if springs what size should I be looking at, sorry but I dont have a clue.
Aprecate your help.

Personally I would just get a good spring set up, either h&r or eibach on there. Spacers is the thing you need to decide on once the wheels are fitted. I've got 19" rs6 reps on mine and wanted to space them out, but once they where on realised it didn't need to run spacers at all

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413492951801653

Mine is std sport suspension with 8x19's running 235/35r19's. I have fitted b5 spring purches but no photos of these fitted yet

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413493051067046

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413493036.400071.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413493036.400071.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 149
If you haven't bought the wheels yet just get a set of RS6 style wheels that are fitted to the B7 sline, that is what I have on mine and they have an ET IF 43 so no need for spacers although some might say the rears could do with say a 5mm spacer, I used to run spacers but didn't like them so removed them, mine sits on standard sport suspension.

Reactions: jimmyb592
Thanks guys, its given me a good idea of what I need to do and in what order. Nice set ups by the way:)

I had coilovers on, but took them off because they were shot.
I would like some eibach springs but I'm moving house ATM so it's a no go.

Plenty people run rs6s and genuine a4 wheels so just ask for some pics

Thanks mattyb6, this is what I'm thinking, get wheels, see if spacers are needed, get those, then a set of springs, but not sure about that process, I guess I measure up then get a set of springs which lowers the car by how much, this bits confusing, I guess it depends on tyre size, but cause its an SE then I just get SE springs which lower it by how much I need, sorry but I'm a be naive when it comes to this.