HELP!! 1din->2din conversion (facelift)

Audream

Audi Enthusiast!!!
Reaction score
Hi people and Happy New Year! I just signed up on this community and I'm very proud of it! So happy to be around Audi fans discussing all things about our beautiful cars!
On short, I'm a A3 8P 1.6 FSI 2007 owner since last year and few months ago I decided to make the head unit facelift. Disclaimer; I know there are similar posts to this and I did my homework, although I would very much appreciate if you gave me your advice to my problems. I think we can make a creative discussion that can help several other members too! Thanks in advance!!!
So, without further hesitation, although I knew there might be compatibility issues, I bought the items and I got them delivered few days ago. In the link attached, you can see my unit now and how I want it to be like
iRmeZ5m
(imgur.com/a/iRmeZ5m) Lets get to each one separately;
a)2din cage; I bought the part number 8P0858005 C and not the 8P0858005 D. Now I realise the climate control cant fit in, because the C rev is for manual climate. Is there any way a smart technician can make this fit, or I have to go straight up for the D rev? You can see in the picture where the problem lies in ( imgur.com/a/vRyt49r )
b)middle trim with Hazard, ESP buttons etc; I bought the part number 8P0927137BT and it fits in the cage but the problem is behind where maybe the Hazard scart may fit it but what about ESP,AIRBAG,NULL. Now I have separate scarts for these, although in the facelift version there is only one red strip that fits them altogether. Is there any way I can still make this work, maybe with an adapter or something? See what I'm talking about the in pic (imgur.com/a/PkjsvKg)
c)Climate Control; I bought the part number 8P0820043BG and it seems to fit right. But after a huge research I made about this, I found out that it doesn't work properly. Prefacelift cc works with 2 motors, while facelift works with 1 motor and a cam system (specifically I drew that info from @NHN that seems like a guy who knows whats hes saying) Additionally, he's stated that pre-May 07' A3 models don't work with facelift cc, though newer models do. I guess I have to know my car's month production (from the b-pillar??)
Other members tho, said they didn't have any problems...so what's the truth? (imgur.com/a/7keKXjx)
So, that's all folks, hope I didn't totally screw up and you can help me find a solution even the hard way, to finally have the beautiful facelift head unit I so badly want!!

P.S; Prefacelift pics aren't from my car. I got them in web but they are almost identical. That's why I'm not 100% sure if they match or not. I want to be sure they fit, before my technician starts digging. Tho, Facelift pics are from the parts I ordered and got delivered.

You'll need to rewire from separate connectors to single connectors to swap the buttons over.

If your car has 2 motors & no cam system behind the glovebox, then you'll need either the 2 motor climate unit or upgrade the heater system to run the single motor & cam system, which is a big of a job tbh.

You'll need to rewire from separate connectors to single connectors to swap the buttons over.

If your car has 2 motors & no cam system behind the glovebox, then you'll need either the 2 motor climate unit or upgrade the heater system to run the single motor & cam system, which is a big of a job tbh.

Is there an adaptor for this rewiring? Can you post a link of this, cause I'm not sure what I'm searching for! Also, about the hazard button, does it fit with the current wiring I have?

As far as the CC, I'm not keen on upgrading the heater system for this. I just wanted the facelift fascia, which in an older thread a guy stated that a professional electrician managed to match the facelift fascia with the prefacelift wiring. There is also the ''safe'' option of justing putting the facelift switches on the prefacelift unit. But still I'm quite curious why even with the motor/cam incompatibility, some people say it works. I mean, since it does power on and pumps out air, where is the problem? There are temperature issues? When you start changing things, it doesn't correspond accordingly?

Thanks in advance!! @NHN

It will not work, the missing motor setup on facelift climate is the issue, hence why they changed to a cam setup.

I understand. Any other idea guys?? I'm going to my technician tomorrow to see if we can make something work out. Looks like this project is far more complicated than I initially thought it was!!!

Just get the correct climate for your car, as for the facelift buttons, you can swap across with some work on the plastics, personally I couldn't be bothered as I'm either selling the car or swapping heater system to the later version anyway.