HELP! Alloys to fit over ttrs calipers

swatchuk

Reaction score
Hi everyone. In need of some help and advice please. I fitted my rs brakes at the weekend with my Standard facelift s3 alloys. I'm not happy with the dimensional clearance. Been out once and a tiny stone got stuck between the caliper and barrel of the wheel and scratched the inside.
How do other people manage with standard wheels? Anything I can do to stop this?
Next question is what other wheels will fit without catching the brakes or the arches? I want 19s really. I ordered a rotiform spf which was 8.5j et45 and even with a 6mm spacer the back of the spokes touched the caliper.
Next I'm looking at bbs ck but what et and width do I need. I've seen someone use these wheels.
Other option is audi rotor alloys. Will 19x8.5 et43 clear them?
Thanks guys

Did you fit your facelift wheels without spacers? I run them with winter tyres but with 12 mm spacers. Summer setup is oz ultraleggera 18x8 et45 without spacers with 3-4mm clearance.
There's a thread regarding wheels and ttrs brakes search for it.

I've got the 12mm spacers on too. The clearance is fine with the spokes, its just inside the wheel I've got the problem.
Have you ever had any problems?
Do you still have any dust sheilds fitted? Can't understand it.
I found that thread before. I knew I'd seen that thread, that's why I had the 12mm spacers before fitting.

I had issue with wheel weights and tyre guys not listening to me that weights don't fit. I got s3 dust shields.

I wonder if that somehow might cause it? I had the wheels rebalanced with the weights on the inside edge out of the way of the caliper. It's fine to drive, but at slow speeds you could hear a stone get in there and start scraping.

I run 15mm spacers on standard pre facelift alloys and not had a problem.

Not really had problems with stones. And i do drive my car durring the winter/snow.

Just bought a set of genuine 19" rotor wheels. 8.5j et43. Pick them up next week. Does anyone know what centre bore these are? Off an Audi a4? Just wondering if I need spigot rings.

I did have a read of that thread.
I tried a number of places trying to get the bbs ck's. Apparently they have stopped making them in s3 friendly offsets. I was gutted.
Picked up my rotors today though and I'll get them on tomorrow.