HELP and Advice needed please

k10

Reaction score
Hello all,

i am new to ASN and also a bit thick when it comes to cars!! i am really hoping you can provide me with some guidance..i have been reading threads and posts and you all have so much knowledge! i have an A3 W reg 1.8 it is quite an old car and i am having alot of problems with its electrics..i have been told by a mechanic that he thinks it could be the central computer system although he is just guessing. it started with my petrol light coming on all the time even after i filled my tank up. then my speedometer stopped working and now all my dash lights dont come on once the engine is started. the alarm goes off if i lock it and something keeps draining my battery, meaning i have to charge it every few days. the final thing to happen was my driver window wont do back up! does anyone have ANY advise other than burn it that i can go tot he mechanic with. i am prepared for it costing a bit but i dont want to spend more than the car is worth. i just love my car :(

welcome
and if you post this in the a3 8L section im sure someone will come and answer you questions

Hi, welcome to ASN. As above, post over on the A3 section, the guys will help you out with any problems. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Ouch, sounds costly. Get down to 8L and they'll have some answers. Best of luck!