Help asap. Fuel filter!

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
How do you get it out? Mine decided to **** itself and I need to change it. I take it the filter for quattro is not the same as fwd? In halfords the filters are ones that you put a rubber hose on each end and the end I can see on mine is a banjo bolt. Halfords don't seem to do the one I need. Nightmare!

As pointed out by Kev, the pic is generic, if you stick your regnumber in they will ensure you get the correct one

Cheers. Going to a motor factors on my way home to get one. It went on my way to Newcastle but I think it was not long after I left. 160 miles took 45 quid. I was on my way to pick up new wings when it went.

looking at the sate of the corrosion i would say mine has been seeping a bit too

Till it gave out and started pumping superunleaded on the road.

As for FSH, mine has never been changed, audi part number with manu date of 2/99

things like fuel filters rarely seem to be on service schedules, same as gearbox oil etc

ill have a look at mine because mine goes through petrol fast enough as it is

Got a filter now so just need to get the old one off tonight.

Tank dropped slightly
100_5366.jpg

Split in the clamp after i chiseled it to release the filter

100_5367.jpg

Grubby pain in the Arris
100_5364.jpg

I was hoping i wouldnt have to move the tank as well.

Job done. I just cut through the bolt with a hacksaw blade. Im sure the car feels better now. The date on the old filter is 1999 so i bet its the original and had done 185k miles. Where the bottom banjo bolt goes onto it was like cheese and full of holes,probably the salt on the roads was enough to kill it.