Help - AutoGlym Lifeshine and debadging the car

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have tried and tried different online forums and failed so far (or perhaps I'll admit my googling skills have let me down in case someone finds a link).

I have AG Lifeshine applied to my :s4addict:when I bought it from the dealership (don't ask me why, I did it as they were offering it for free). I now want to change the V6T on the side panels to supercharged ones that I have just ordered and I was wondering what would it be mean to the Lifeshine or would it?

Would appreciate your help - thanks.

No problem at all mate. Debadge away.

In all honesty, not only is AG Lifeshine not a very good product, but it is also very likely that it was applied incorrectly by the dealer.

There is no way they can undertake the necessary preparation to make sure it is applied properly, and from most stories I've read, it was either so badly applied, or not even applied at all, that you might as well just carry on as if nothing was done.

The fact the take as much as £600 off customers for this, and don't even bother doing anything is fraud in my mind, and I wouldn't even want it if it was offered for free....

Reactions: Jakes2514, Bristle Hound and V6_Man
Cheers mate. Tbh, I could see the swirls after my second wash and I was like wtf. I have been applying AG Super Resin to mask the swirls but to no avail

I might go ahead and change the badges and get it professionally treated / paint protection applied once I have all the other mods done. Wish I had joined the forum before I bought the car - well, learning isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Cheers mate. Tbh, I could see the swirls after my second wash and I was like wtf. I have been applying AG Super Resin to mask the swirls but to no avail

I might go ahead and change the badges and get it professionally treated / paint protection applied once I have all the other mods done. Wish I had joined the forum before I bought the car - well, learning isn't it.

Absolutely. It was free so no real harm...!

Professionally detailed with a ceramic coating would be awesome :)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and V6_Man
Cheers mate - much appreciated.

Btw, it is a nice S5 you've got.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Cheers :) Wish it had Stage 2 MRC on it...!

Why not go for it buddy. I contemplated for nearly 8 months and then bit the bullet and now I regret why didn't I do it before. Few other mods in the pipeline but trying to keeping the original looks of the car - not a boy racer anymore :rock:

Reactions: Jakes2514
Why not go for it buddy. I contemplated for nearly 8 months and then bit the bullet and now I regret why didn't I do it before. Few other mods in the pipeline but trying to keeping the original looks of the car - not a boy racer anymore :rock:

Flirted with the idea, but cost, increased insurance, warranty, being on finance all went against me.

Besides, I've just agreed to trade it in for a S3 in September as it's not really practical and couldn't justify buying it outright... :(

Reactions: V6_Man
Makes sense. Stock is pretty fast imho and more than enough for what one needs. Warranty is a genuine concern but I decided to outright purchase the car. Can't comprehend with the idea of paying between £15k - £20k over 3-4 years and getting nothing in the end. Too much to pay for having 'fun'. Tbh, insurance wasn't that high. I paid £100 on top for Stage 2 (including Exhaust). The annual insurance for me is £575 through AIB, which I know it is a bit high but I had my wife's claim as she is second driver on the car.

All the best with your purchase buddy and I am sure you'll love it. 8V is an awesome car.

Makes sense. Stock is pretty fast imho and more than enough for what one needs. Warranty is a genuine concern but I decided to outright purchase the car. Can't comprehend with the idea of paying between £15k - £20k over 3-4 years and getting nothing in the end. Too much to pay for having 'fun'. Tbh, insurance wasn't that high. I paid £100 on top for Stage 2 (including Exhaust). The annual insurance for me is £575 through AIB, which I know it is a bit high but I had my wife's claim as she is second driver on the car.

All the best with your purchase buddy and I am sure you'll love it. 8V is an awesome car.

It is daft, but if you change cars often it isn't that much more expensive than buying used car outright and selling it privately after a couple of years. Remember, you can just buy the car anytime and own it outright. As a matter of fact, with the discount you can achieve, they tend to be cheaper than year old used examples....The issue is that buying new cars are daft, not so much the finance used to obtain them (although the interest you do pay is high..!)

I worked out the cost of owning my previous A5 Sport 2.0TFSI with a pretty bare spec, and when I factored in servicing, out of warranty costs, new tyres and brakes all around, etc. it turned out to only be about £1/2k less per year compared to my well specced brand new S5....was quite surprising! Of course if I just kept it a few years more, it would of been far cheaper. But then you run the risk of large repair bills (which is probably pretty ungrounded, but a good thing for the dealers to perpetuate...!)

Cars are a stupid waste of money...an unfortunate fact of life it seems! I did consider going back to the traditional used car route and keeping it over a longer period, but I am just too fussy! But on the whole, I agree, buying a new car is daft...!

Yea that insurance is reasonable. Particularly with the recent increases. Mine was £350, but I suspect even at renewal I will be looking at £450ish :(

Just read all the three pages (on mobile) of your dilemma between an A/S3 and understand where you are coming from. Fair enough mate.
And this is exactly why I bought 2014 S4 last year keeping in mind the depreciation and the discount I was offered on it. I know I'll still lose money as and when I sell it but it is a hit I have decided to take, willingly

Just read all the three pages (on mobile) of your dilemma between an A/S3 and understand where you are coming from. Fair enough mate.
And this is exactly why I bought 2014 S4 last year keeping in mind the depreciation and the discount I was offered on it. I know I'll still lose money as and when I sell it but it is a hit I have decided to take, willingly

Ha....that sounds like a unenviable task...!

Nah you've done the smarter thing. Buying when depreciation has levelled off significantly. I think my next car will be a used example and will be more long term. Doing major house renovation ATM, so basically no money in the bank! In 3yrs time, I might be able to use my savings for something that isn't house related...(he says optimistically...).

Reactions: V6_Man