Help: connector part no.

maxpayne

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Looks like the rear outer left (passenger side) tail light adapter on my 2005 A3 Sportback needs replacing as it’s very corroded (see photo).

As a result the left outer tail light (I have the 2012 updated LEDs fitted via adapters, which are fine with no corrosion).

Would love to get the part no so I can order it from TPS/elsewhere.

Thanks.

P.S. if there’s anyone in north London with a 2005-2012 Sportback, I’d love to double check the tail light just in case it’s also faulty.

aaeff114e93faaa03f745d8e11cfb1e3.jpg

Read the part number off it and then google/ebay

A small wire brush will clean that up - the issue you have is that moisture is getting in somewhere and unless you fix this problem, the new one will suffer the same fate.

A small wire brush will clean that up - the issue you have is that moisture is getting in somewhere and unless you fix this problem, the new one will suffer the same fate.

I tried that and the wires came off haha

Remove each pin & use a dremel with wire brush end on slow speed to clean the ends, easy fix, but more importantly, bin the adapters or at least water seal them, this is such a common issue I come across, it's annoying tbh, hence why I don't use them.

Take a photo of the part number after cleaning the plastic, human eye can't see them as clear, so zoom in on the photo, voila part number.

Reactions: maxpayne
Reactions: samisnake
Update: the adapter arrived but it was too small haha. In the mean time I found that the correct part no is 1J0 973 724. Reconnected everything and now my turn signal isn’t working. Great!

Remove the adapters & rewire to spec.

Reactions: maxpayne