Help - Electrical Issues with A6 4.2 Quattro S-Line 2006

audipartners

Reaction score
Can anyone help me please.

I have the following issues with my car:-

Fold back mirrors don't work
Fold back mirrors don't heat up
Heater does not work properly (blows out hot air along windscreen even though climate control is set low

Ive been told it might be the control unit that needs replacing, is it big job?

Just recently my reverse parking sensors have stopped working and the I get an error with my sat nav (screen states problem loading DVD Sat Nav), I also can't eject the Sat Nav DVD although I can hear it trying too.

Has anyone any ideas please how to fix all the above as I love this car and want to keep it forever!

Thanks

Nigel

​Hi Nigel, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will move this post down to the A6 section, you should get more help in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Nigel,

i) Fold back mirrors don't work , if they're not fold in could be switch/motor/wire break , the Audi A6 (4F) mirrors are not auto folding.

ii) Fold back mirrors don't heat up , regardless of you requesting mirror heat on via switch they will only work on outside temperature is detected low engough to require them.

iii) Heater does not work properly (blows out hot air along windscreen even though climate control is set low)

This could be numerous things, a fault scan would rule out some items. For instance a common fault is a pump/valve unit in the plenum chamber which links coolant circuit to the heater matrix and if that stays in open position warm air can flow. It could also me a stuck flap motor, etc, etc ...

Does the econ light stay on climate controls?

The climate control unit has component protection so besides coding it needs unlocking if a new or used is fitted to car.

iv) Just recently my reverse parking sensors have stopped working , usually a sensor goes, if one goes whole system stops working. It will show in scan but a simple test is to not have engine started but elec's on and place car in reverse and working sensors will click and non work not when you place your ear to them.

v) I get an error with my sat nav (screen states problem loading DVD Sat Nav), I also can't eject the Sat Nav DVD although I can hear it trying too.

Part of PDI (Pre delivery inspection) Main dealer should have unlocked DVD drive to eject, ask at dealer and state this and many will do for free. Otherwise VCDS can unlock eject on DVD drive.

There is a map of forum members who have VCDS Link:- VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum
Perhaps contact one for scan/dvd eject unlock.

All the best
G
P.S. Welcome to ASN!
t3430.gif