Help fitting led rear lights from standard, Audi avant b8

Greyarea

Reaction score
Hi... Noob member here so I hope I'm posting in the right section?
I've purchased some avant b8 led tail lights (preface lift) to replace my standards without looking into the work involved first (I know plugs are different so either wiring needs redoing or buying a hatnessand then lights need to be coded) now I'm struggling to find the best way of fitting them, can anyone help in any way? I know kufatec do a harness and dongle but I read somewhere these are for LHD only so I emailed kufatec and they replied that they couldn't confirm they work on RHD as they've never tested that... They did offer me a €50 refund if i purchased the kit and then sent them feedback they required!? Is this my only option?
TIA

My post here has the adaption coding for non-FL led avant.

I would try to source plug adapters if you can from AliExpress or buy the plugs and swap pins across to it.

Where abouts are you? Sure someone on here could code for you if local using those codes in my post. I'll give it a shot if you're near South London.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

My post here has the adaption coding for non-FL led avant.

I would try to source plug adapters if you can from AliExpress or buy the plugs and swap pins across to it.

Where abouts are you? Sure someone on here could code for you if local using those codes in my post. I'll give it a shot if you're near South London.

Thanks for the reply DK I'm on the coast in Mundesley, north Norfolk, I will try to find someone local now you've kindly shared the crucial info needed, if I can't I might take you up on your offer and battle my way round the m25 to yours!
Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-212615.png
    Screenshot_20220502-212615.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 80
Sorry and just one more in case not found.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26515260...0oLWCLPSkW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks DK that's the adapter I was going to buy originally, the same as the one including the dongle, they can't confirm it works on RHD as it hasn't been tested?
Thanks again, think I'm just going to sell them on and try and buy some face-lift plug n play jobbies once they're back in stock..
Cheers for the help

No worries, post some pics of the final results.

Reactions: Greyarea
I have, they said they don't do them, only left hand drive but they can't tell me what is the difference between LHD or RHD kits? I don't see why there would be a difference, left is still left etc
It'll have something to do with the reverse and fog lights. They are the opposite way round on LHD cars. It Shouldn't be a problem if you have reverse and fog lights on both sides but if its single sides they will be the wrong way round.

It'll have something to do with the reverse and fog lights. They are the opposite way round on LHD cars. It Shouldn't be a problem if you have reverse and fog lights on both sides but if its single sides they will be the wrong way round.
Ahh ok that makes sense... Kufatec did say if I try there harness and adapter that I need to check the fog lights are working correctly!
Thanks bud

Reactions: EXSpartan36
Thanks DK that's the adapter I was going to buy originally, the same as the one including the dongle, they can't confirm it works on RHD as it hasn't been tested?
Thanks again, think I'm just going to sell them on and try and buy some face-lift plug n play jobbies once they're back in stock..
Cheers for the help
Can't get the plug n play lights anywhere so onward with original plan... Kufatec harness n dongle ordered

Did you go facelift or stuck with b8 LED?

Got them fitted!!
Using the kufatec harness with dongle, worked with no issues, even though kufatec wasn't sure themselves as had only been tested on LHD so I've had a €50 refund for giving them feedback as agreed soo buzzing but as you can see I've got two temperamental leds out on the right inner light...

Attachments

• 1654013329506.png
    1654013329506.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: EXSpartan36
Looks good! Nice work. So now you need to source an inner cluster or are you going to open it up and heat up the solder points?

Cheers pal... I've ordered replacement leds from Latvia, do you think it's just the solder points then? I've not done any searching for info as yet tbh was just going to open them up and a friend who's confident says he can replace them? They do sometimes light up so wasn't 100% sure they had actually gone!

I guess you could just try a bit of heat on the solder points first if you have the lens open and see if that works. If they were dead I doubt you'd get any light bout of them.

Reactions: Greyarea