Help.....how to wire mic for RNSe (again, sorry)

RustyBucket

Reaction score
I know there are loads of threads talking about the mic re wire to get the RNSe to hear voice commands but despite days of trawling threads on here and other forums I'm still confused, I'm just not getting it :tan:

Of the two methods that have been discussed, I'm not sure which the one below is but i think seems to be the simplest way (I could be wrong and will happily be corrected).

I've had the A pillar cover off and can see 2 thicker looking black cables (one I imagine contain mic cables and the other I'm not sure about).

This description is something I've found (http://m.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=151&showall=1) that I'm trying to follow:

The two repair wires will have a crimped connection on each end - giving you 4 crimped connections. You should cut these wires in half and insert a crimped end into each of the pins below on the green "C" connector inthe quadlock.
1 - MIC IN (-)
4 - MIC Out (-)
7 - MIC IN (+)
10 - MIC Out (+)

OK so far.......

The Mic In wires from the BT module need to be rerouted to the Mic In pins in the green connector. The Mic Out wires in the green connector should connect to the Mic In pins on the BT module.

This is where I'm lost

Pin 11 on the BT module is Mic-In (-) and Pin 12 is Mic-In (+).

The wire for the Mic runs down your A pillar and under the passenger seat. Rather than reroute the whole cable a better option is to take your two repair wires and cut them in half, then insert the four ends into the RNS-e's green connector. Then take a length of speaker cable (well 2 lengths actually) and connect it to the mic in and out repair wires and then run them behind the glovebox to the a pillar. Split the Mic wire and attach the MIC end to the speaker cable running to the MIC-IN on the RNS-e and then attach the speaker cable from the MIC-OUT pins to the BT end of the mic cable at the A-pillar.

I've got my repair wires and you can see from the image which wires are currently in the green 'C' block and where the intended repair wires will go.

So this is where my questions start.
  1. The Mic In wires from the BT module need to be rerouted to the Mic In pins in the green connector - where is the BT module this refers to? Is this one of the other coloured blocks next to the green connector?
  2. Are the mic cables a particular colour or do I need to remove the light unit above to identify these first?
  3. According to the instructions the mic out (+) repair wire goes into position 10 on the 'C' connector but there is already a blue and red wire in that position so what happens to that?
Any help would be sooooooooo appreciated as it love to get this sorted but seem to be confusing myself more and more which is hugely frustrating as I know it can be done relatively easily.

Cheers
IMG 2032