Help Identifying Paint Code

Filth

Reaction score
Im trying to find my paint code and from all my searching online they all begin with an L and are 4 letters long.

The vehicle data I have has G-38 listed as the paint code... cant find this online.

The reason im looking is there are a couple bad chips beginning to corrode on the bonnet plus bad chip on the wing and the front bumper .is slightly distorted. Was hoping to have a butchers and see if I could find replacement parts with the same colour code.

Car is 2008 A4 Avant 1.8TFSI 160ps

Is that code from the sticker in your car.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I got mine of it, the one usually under the spare wheel

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes mines under the spare wheel too. You shouldn't need it cos any decent body man will match from existing paint as the colour changes over time.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Its in the service manual schedule, it where i got the code for my last audi from, clearly states it as paint code just doesn't match anything online.

@gray99y thanks for the link, not sure where your suppose to enter reg on that page?

Entered the codes listed on the sticker, it found 3

Reactions: gray99y
Post up your data sticker without the VIN, I think you're reading something else and not the paintcode.

See attached, it has a key 1-5 and states number 4 as being colour code/interior trim which would mean G-38 is the colour code

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 19.21.30.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 19.21.30.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 227
Thats not a proper factory data sticker, post up the one in the spare wheel well.

ok ill have to have a butchers tomorrow, haven't got in the well as car isn't currently with me. Appreciate the help

Look for some thing along these lines
ScreenShot084

Will also normally be in the service book if you have it.

Well no sign of a label in the spare wheel well, check all round the battery etc.

@FlyingSparks5 the image I posted further up is the whats in my service book

Post a picture of the car, might be able to tell from the image.

I agree with what FlyingSparks5 posted, every VW group car I have owned from 2000> has had that type of "build data" sheet in the service book and the boot area of the car.
I'm guessing that your car has needed a replacement service book some time in its life - and lost its "build data" sheet from the boot area, very strange, maybe ask previous owner about that plus check its MOT records maybe to see if the mileage looks okay over the past few years.

Or save a my more hassle or confusion and ring your dealer, the parts department will get you the code via the VIN

@rum4mo The build label thats in the service book is what I have already posted, definitely no label in the spare wheel well. I will check under the rear seats. Also the mileage checks out alogn with the rest of the car history, I did all those checks before I bought it.

I found that colour chart the other day and I would guess quartz grey. Have a look see what all you think.

Attachments

• Screenshot (47).png
    Screenshot (47).png
    613.5 KB · Views: 324
If it has to be a guess I'd agree with Quartz Grey.
That said looking at it with the other monitor the light silver does not seem a million miles away.

There are others so all things considered you really need the code. If you cannot find it I would call a dealer and ask them to identify it from the chassis number.
ScreenShot086

@rum4mo The build label thats in the service book is what I have already posted, definitely no label in the spare wheel well. I will check under the rear seats. Also the mileage checks out alogn with the rest of the car history, I did all those checks before I bought it.

I found that colour chart the other day and I would guess quartz grey. Have a look see what all you think.

Strange, there must be a reason for it being different though, maybe something to find out about when you have time?