Help in making the next decision

joedredd

2009 S4 just love it
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Right I have the car below (in sig). Now I love this car and it is fully loaded, but I'm being bitten by the tuning bug. So do I take the dive into it with my C6 (116k miles, serviced every year) or do I wait a couple of years and get a C7/8??

Thinking of doing the following;

Hybrid turbo
Remap
Custom exhaust

Be good to hear from some other owners.

Cheers

No time like the present. The future isn't promised. In 2 years a lot can happen. Who knows, in 2 years you may not even want the C7 anymore...

From what I've read the C8 will not be out until 2018, are you planning on buying new or used.

Well deals are good at the moment, 6K + whatever else you can get from the dealer, also 2.8% APR. Your mods will be well over £1K, money that could be added to a new car. I went for a new C7, but have kept my C6.

Reactions: joedredd
Tuning is a way of having a new car all over again.

What's your target power?? Having a target will then give you a ruff cost or have a budget. That budget will give you xxxx power.

With more power you should also consider, brakes and handling. Its ok to go quicker but you also need to stop it and go round corners too.

A bigger down pipe, decat and air intake/filter change would see a improvement. Add a remap to that and it would make a huge improvement. I would do a swirl flap and egr delete too. These also need mapping out. With the egr delete you can the remove the cooler and pipe work. This will make a bit more room under the bonnet and remove some of the A6 weight. This can be done for under £1k.

Adding a hybrid turbo would need a bigger intercooler (compressing more air make more heat), more custom map work to maximize the extra air available. With a hybrid you may run out of fuel, so a new bigger pump may be needed. You will need to add a 3bar map sensor as well. This could cost anything from £2k up.

I've not been able to find a "of the shelf" intercooler upgrade as yet. I've currently got mine in bits and looking at options. I've given the stock coolers to a friend to see if he can make bigger coolers for stock location.

Last edited:
Reactions: joedredd
That's excellent info fella. The only trouble is finding people to do that stuff. Re brakes I did look at this but want to keep my 18" wheels, and can't fit anything bigger then stock at moment. Got 347mm fitted but would have preferred a better caliper something with 4 pot would be perfect as oppose to 18z.

That's excellent info fella. The only trouble is finding people to do that stuff. Re brakes I did look at this but want to keep my 18" wheels, and can't fit anything bigger then stock at moment. Got 347mm fitted but would have preferred a better caliper something with 4 pot would be perfect as oppose to 18z.

No probs.

Check out Darkside developments. They do a 3" downpipe and decat for £300 and sell the map sensor, egr blanks etc.

As to your brakes, a more aggressive disc and pad will help. Heat will be the killer. Drilled and grooved disc's will help with heat.

For handling, I'm looking at S6/RS6 anti roll bars to start with.

No probs.

Check out Darkside developments. They do a 3" downpipe and decat for £300 and sell the map sensor, egr blanks etc.

As to your brakes, a more aggressive disc and pad will help. Heat will be the killer. Drilled and grooved disc's will help with heat.

For handling, I'm looking at S6/RS6 anti roll bars to start with.

Yeah I love the stuff Darkside do

Going to fit some redstuff soon and see how they perform. Drilled & grooved is nice but to much noise and vibes for a daily runner, nothing wrong with stock discs. Powerwise I'm not looking at big league like Bobby Singh etc just something a bit more refined and sleeper style suppose around 300 as sitting at 224 now.

Mr Adamms will get some of my money as well.