HELP internal blower fans running after engines turn off....

scott8v

Reaction score
last week for 2 or 3 days for some reason my internal blower fans would kick in on full blast when i shut off the engine. last drove the car on friday, jumped in it this morning and battery was dead..... any one experienced this before~? apologies if its all ready been covered but cant seem to find anything about this. thanks in advance.

Sounds like DPF regen. You need to take it on a long drive to allow the DPF to regenerate if that is happening at a reasonable speed, take it up and down the motorway for a bit.

for the regen i thot that was the cooling fan at front of the engine, its my blower vent fans in cabin of the car that are running when engine is switched off?

You can check to see if your coding is off, or somehow changed with vcds or obd11. That's definitely not normal. Scan the car as there is most likely error codes stored in the HVAC module.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

i have the carista app, will that show up fault codes relating to HVAC or will it need to be vcds? at work at the moment but can try carista once i finish?

Remove the fuse for the Air conditioning fan until you get it addressed

Last edited: