HELP! Keys locked in boot

sparks123

Reaction score
Hello and sorry for the abrupt first post!

I have locked my key & spare in the boot along with my house key, phone & purse. Car is a B7 2006 A4 cabrio & is in dead lock. Auto locksmith couldn't get in by pulling inside handle or unlock button so even if I smash the window...all the electrics are disabled.

The seats don't go down & the ski flap only opens from the boot.

Locksmith suggested Audi could give me a code to cut a key for the boot only but apparently that is for pre 2006 models only.

HELP... If anyone has any ideas could you please PM me?

Last edited:
Break open the ski hatch is the cheapest option. Grab your keys with a magnet on a stick.
That what I would do.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, the OP is my wife and she managed to get sorted, she found a really good locksmith (based in Stoke) but for £80 he drove up to Leyland, picked the door lock (in less than a minute) and used the pick to cut a new key blade in the back of his van (boot lock was too stiff to pick) and used that new blade to open the boot...

Less than 5min after he arrived he'd done all of that and we were in the car, we now have a spare blade and he even replaced the battery in her second key free of charge as it wasn't working to lock / unlock. He did in a few minutes what the other locksmith failed to do after several hours, nice guy too.

http://www.autolocksmithstoke.com/ if anyone is ever struggling in the NW UK area I can't recommend him enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrStrange and RS3copilot
Glad to hear you got sorted, and thank you for posting the link to his website. It's always good to keep the details of someone who provides an excellent service like that.

Sounds like the first guy didn't know what he was doing.

Audi can get you a cut key for any audi but the price is excessive and usually a 3 to 10 day wait.

Personally I would have picked the door then the ignition and used the unlock all doors button if you didn't need a spare :)

Glad it's sorted though.

Great to hear and WOW what fantastic service.

Try asking a guy in London to do that and he will tell you where the nearest bridge is..

:tearsofjoy: