Help! My a5 judder when slowing to 1st gear a5 3.0 auto

granny87

Reaction score
Hi there my a5 3.0sline auto is clunking sometimes when I slow down at lights etc when it's lowering to 1st gear and sometimes clunks into drive any ideas what it could be thanks for any help

Mine does the same mate. Especially if I've been in heavy stop start traffic for some time. Only had the car a few weeks so was quite worried but after a bit of a search on here and google etc I've found it's quite common and not much to worry about. I'm finding having to learn how to brake more gradually and softer in slow traffic and it seems to stop it. When you get a clear run thought the gears it seems to clear it again. (All very basically put and just as I understand it but hope it helps)

Yes it's fine all up through the gears but shouldn't do it going in tomorrow to see what it could be I think it may need oil changing tbh hope that's all it is I have warranty up to 1000 so hope that covers any repair etc pretty bugging as it clunks fwd and isn't a smooth ride esp in slow traffic anybody else on here mention this same problem cheers

Is there any other posts about this problem on here thanks ?