Help needed connecting reverse camera

wolflucifer

Reaction score
Hello, I scouter through the forum a bit but couldn't find the answer.

I bought an after-market android radio for my 2008 A3 8P.

Now the rear view camera came in and i can't get it to work.

I have connected everything as shown in the suppliers site. I can see that the camera is not getting power (LED's on it is not working).

I have connected cameras power cable to cars reverse/brake light plug. Red wire from camera connected to brown wire in the connector, black wire from camera connected to blue wire in the connector.

I have seen one video where it showed the connection to be opposite (red wires connected to the blue cable in the connector and black wire connected to the brown connector cable). Could this be the case and AUDI has for some reason used reversed cable coloring where brown is "-" and blue is "+"? It sounds unlikely since the brown cable is bigger in diameter indicating its the power cable as well.

For a start, the reverse wire should be used as a trigger to a relay to power the camera ot it can give you issues with pictures as the reverse wire isnt a constant 12v to power the cam.

For a start, the reverse wire should be used as a trigger to a relay to power the camera ot it can give you issues with pictures as the reverse wire isnt a constant 12v to power the cam.
Hello, thank you for the quick reply, i have the wire connected to the reverse wire going into the radio, I also have the other ends red wire from signal cable (yellow jacket) connected to cameras and break/reverse light plug's "+"

Hello, thank you for the quick reply, i have the wire connected to the reverse wire going into the radio, I also have the other ends red wire from signal cable (yellow jacket) connected to cameras and break/reverse light plug's "+"
Hello, Can you please give me a hand identifying the colours of the cables for the reverse light on the Audi A3? I am trying to connect it but unsure of the colour for the reverse light. Thank you