Help Needed please ..!

stevereid

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I have bought a Pioneer AVIC-X1BT head unit and tried fitting it to my A4 this morning.
It currently has a chorus head, 6 cd changer and I believe either a large speaker under the rear shelf or maybe its an amp ?
Basically, the ISO lead from the original head unit doesn't match to the female connectors of the AVIC, the fit together but the wirring doesn't match.
Am I missing an autolead converter or something ?
Thanks in advance

Here goes with my limited knowledge :)
My current Chorus has a 20 pin connector in the rear top, then 2 ISO connectors below the 20 pin connector.
The harness for the AVIC-X1 has female connection for the 2 ISO connectors, but when they are plugged together, the power feed from the car ISO plug doesnt match up with the input power from the AVIC connector..its as if I'm missing some kind of Audi-Pioneer Autolead..

Some Audis only have one Permenant Live feed to the head unit, whereas most aftermarket units use a permenant live and a switched live.

I presume your pioneer has two lives (usually red and yellow) and the Audi harness is only providing one?

Yes, it seems that way, the Pioneer has a red and yellow and I think the Audi is only showing one.
Busy trying to get prices from local installers :)

You just need to pair the red & yellow leads on the Pioneer harness so they both go to the red on the Audi harness, or wire in a seperate switched live if you want the HU to power on off with the ignition. You will need a PC9-404 anyway to get the rear speakers and sub working, and this comes with an adapter for power you can cut, rather than cutting the Pioneer or Audi wiring.