• A6 C8 50tdi

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Buxton2901

Reaction score

Please vote S4 or A6 C8 50tdi

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
That is a want versus need question. No-one can help you choose, because we all put the balance point in a different place.

If you want more noise and drama you will never get that from a 50Tdi. The turbos in the exhaust manifold cut the volume and quality of sound - and there is almost nothing you can do about it. You said that your wife felt that the S6 sounded too quiet as standard. The extra weight over the C7.5 is due to the 48V battery of the mild hybrid system plus the extra gadgets to go with it.
Whereas Audi have presumably designed the supercharged S4 to sound as sporty as possible within the regulations.

So for what percentage of your driving time will the refined and newer tech 50 TDi be better and what percentage would the rorty exhaust and drama of the S4 be better?

I'm a 68-year old dodderer, so you don't need to ask how I would vote :blink:

Lol thanks for your wise words. I felt like I couldn't enjoy the S6 due to constantly worrying about fuel economy so I think my choice to fo with the c8 A6 is the better one.
The S4 was me still trying to be a 20 year old racer lol

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
I was tempted to go for the c8 50tdi before I got my C7.5. The thing that ultimately put me off those models is all of the touch screen crap. I dont want touch screen just to simply turn the heaters up and other basic features. I understand they have haptic feedback, but still seems slightlynmore dangerous than conventional buttons and unnecessary. Plus fingerprints would drive me mad.

I think because the S6 didnt work out for you its a difficult choice for you now. I'm like you I like quick petrol cars, and coming from an S3 and Golf R etc the TDI can feel a bit underwhelming setting off, but once it gets going its great! It satisfies my needs for now, but if I were to upgrade to something faster, but keeping the incredible refinement an premium feel of an audi avant, i'll probably be looking at moving to an RS4 Avant B8 or B9 depending how many years down the line I decide to upgrade :D

using a cage maybe not but the S5 is the fast back version and not the saloon so you'd be suprised at how much space is there...
My previous car was a A5 Sportback. My current A6 Avant has the advantage of roof height over the A5 SB.
Nowadays I'd take an S4 Avant over an S5, as I don't like sitting so low any more.