Help needed wiring up a tuning box 2.5 tdi 180bhp

74eldiablo

Reaction score
6tclH0C
Just after a bit of advise really, so i recently bought an 2.5 tdi quattro i realise its a heavy car but it seems to have a real bad flat spot till around 2k.. then the torque takes over and that quattro system is working good at -18 on a thursday morning at 5.30 am.

I decided that a car with 320k KM was not worthy of a expensive remap, yes having had a saab 9-5 aero remapped by one guy in the UK who is the forum god for remaps all for £110 this is money well spent but to throw £300+ or in my case euros at a tuner i dont know seems ridiculous as the car is old and i could crash it next week in the snow and then what?

So i decided to buy a tuning box off german ebay, an austrian company called kuberl, i've had chip express on a mitsubishi pajero sport it was ok, also dtuk on a alfa romeo also good, so my reasoning is this for £105/£110 including postage to lithuania why not.. a claimed 25bhp increase with a 40/50nm torque increase and a "claimed MPG increase"
torque makes acceleration so any increase is welcomed.

my problem is the instructions regarding connection to the ecu are not clear.
on either of the other 2 cars mentioned it really was a disconnect injector rail plug insert box in rail... blah blah and happy days.

But i have never had to connect to ecu before i think its best if i get some help before doing something i might regret.

Last edited:
Built Maplin electronic kits in the past but never this sort of thing with a car. Wish you luck - the what appears clear, just not the how?

most of it is self explantory with the pictures, dont know what the scotchlok is for, but the fuel sensor wires and earthing points are easy just the ecu plug thats baffling me, its cold outside so i will probably have to do it next weekend at the garage.
I'm not expecting a huge difference but if it fills the 1-2k black hole then im happy

ah ****** well ive got the box now so i'll give it a go, if its crap i'll go down the black smoke route
cheers for your input

Reactions: S4_dan
Be careful with the wiring under the engine.It gets very hot between the cylinders.I didn't realise until the second box I fitted also failed that the wiring breaks down.Sudden loss of power is a risk.Didnt notice any more power but one box seemed to give more mpg

No sounds a bit drastic.Both were easy fit on top .I had them fitted by my son whose idea it was to try them but had to remove one myself quickly when it lost all power suddenly.

Did you progress on this? Looks like you need to tap into 2 ECu pins but hard to make out the instructions from the pics.