Help needed with seat retrofit

Andreashadji

Reaction score
Ok so I need some forum wisdom guys.
Just bought a set of recaro heated and electrical adjusted leather seats from an s3 to fit my A3.
I already have heated seats from factory on mine.
Will the electric adjustment thing work or do I need some sort of extra wiring??
Thanks in advance for replies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs extra wiring fitted to cater for the electrics.

following as I'm looking to retrofit a power seat to my A3 as well and would like the electrical schematics

What year is your A3 ? 8P or 8V ? On my S3 seats I have 3 separate switches for movement, I don't think the loom in your picture has enough wires, I may be wrong I guess it depends on what your seats are capable of doing in the way of movement.

Last edited:
its 2012 8p.
i know the title says 8v on kufatec but check the description its says golf 5,6 a3 8p

ok so running into problems.does any one know if and how the seat can get of the rails?
i ve taken the whole seat out and i want to use the rails with the new seat hopefully.is this possible?
new seat is from an s3 3 door and i m trying to fit on a 2012 sportback A3.
Please tell me its doable...

Huh, all front & rear seats on 8P fit either 3 or 5dr, so either you have another chasiss seats or you are doing something wrong.

thanks for the reply @NHN.
Donor car was a 2003 s3 which i was told is 8p version.seats are recaro leather and the electrics underneath look different than mine
IMG 0668

That is not an 8P.

Post pic of the actual seats.

Tbh the 8P seats are far better, either return based on wrong description or sell on & buy another 8P set.

I could fit them but they're not anywhere near as nice as 8P & I've had S3 8L for 7 years & 2 8P's.

Shame as I just sold a whole interior for 8P.

I m located in Greece mate so it would be costly for me to sent me the seats from there unless you got any freight connections-special prices!
I m guessing the electrics could be dealt with,its the rail-base figment that puzzles me

Please let me know if my theory is incorrect. I would suggest to find the male connectors for the seat plugs and get the schematics for both 8P and 8L seats. Compare and wire it up accordingly. In my head all the motors work the same, just triggered differently and adapting the harness to match the 8P shouldn't be too difficult.

Except I don't know if there is a seat module and if it will "accept" the 8L motors.

Would that actually work? Because I have an 8L power seat that I wanted to use as a donor to upgrade my A3 seat to power.

In theory you are right but since the seats won’t bolt on the 8P correctly I won’t bother...
Distance between the two front and back bolts on the car are 45ish cm while on the seats are 39 so no go....

In theory you are right but since the seats won’t bolt on the 8P correctly I won’t bother...
Distance between the two front and back bolts on the car are 45ish cm while on the seats are 39 so no go....

I was thinking of frankenstein-ing the seats by grabbing the power mechanisms/rails from one chair and bolting them to the manual seat. More work than a straight bolt-on retrofit. There are literally no power passenger side A3 seats in the US.

Anyone know what other models seat will fit an A3 2012 8P?
S4,scirocco or golf maybe?
I can’t seem to find any decent a3 ones bucket style(sline or recaro shown in pic above)

Reactions: henkkeumus
Anyone know what other models seat will fit an A3 2012 8P?
S4,scirocco or golf maybe?
I can’t seem to find any decent a3 ones bucket style(sline or recaro shown in pic above)

A5 seats will fit in an A3. Golf MK6 rear and front will also fit with a small adjustment.
But the connectors differ, like with every seat from another car though.

Reactions: Andreashadji