HELP PLEASE!!s4 b5 rear abs sensor?

IANS4

The Fiend!
Reaction score
Hi, Im looking for help ! I have broken a rear abs sensor when trying to remove it to change a wheel bearing , Its an easy job to change it i know but my local audi garage want £180 for a new one !!!!!!!! Does anyone know where i can source one from or have a part number for the correct sensor .
any help appreciated as ABS and ESP are helpfull at this time of year,:sos: thanks!

Last edited:
You can use a front sensor or FWD rear sensor(ebay, 15quid) but you need do fettle it a bit to fit.

The grommets are in a slightly different place etc.

You'll need a new copper sleeve too.

Thanks for that ! ebay here i come!! My original one was in a plastic housing though and didnt have a copper sleve , do you think that will still work? also are the plugs definately compatable?

I got two rear bolt in ones for £90 from an ebay shop. OEM parts in Audi paper
Gilders 01246266452
give em a bell

I got a fwd rear one off ebay for £17 delivered, works fine. As above make sure you replace the copper sleeve though as if not it might pop out. Youll need a screwdriver to pop the holders that hold the wire in place to the hub, and the connector is under the rear bench. Just pull on it at the front corners then slide it forward and upwards.

The connectors are hidden inside a little plastic cubby hole, just follow the wire from the grommet underneath. 15 minute job if you pull the wheel off.

mine has the same plastic sensors and i successfully replaced one with a front sensor and the copper sleeve.

I just cut and soldered the wires on mine, because it was a salvaged sensor that had the wires cut, but i think the plug should be the same. No biggie if its not though!

where di you get the copper sleeves from

Audi!

If your fitting plastic bolt-in sensors you dont need the sleeves, they're only needed for the earlier "push in" metal cased sensors.