help please!!!!

yellowgti

Whats going to break next??...
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.fastcarcentral.co.uk
rite guys a bit of a problem with the audi, couple of weeks ago i took the intercooler off and emptied a cup full of oil out of it, i did that because it was smoking a bit when boosting anyway tonight its almost refused to start up and theres hardly any boost in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear plus when it finally started up theres now a nocking noise coming from the engine,

any ideas as i really dont wanna drive it in case its ready to pop,

cheers guys

Turbo possibly, but cup full of oil from intercooler doesnt sound to good huh

I wouldnt drive if I was you incase it fecks something else.

that was my instant thought but didnt wanna put the word into anybody head! is it easy enough to replace or does half the engine have to be stripped to get to the turbo?

turbo is not that hard a job mate really, not as bad as you might think

use it as an excuse to get ko3s (if you havent already ;))

*edit* read your signature and figured you may have a ko3s already lol

no mate not yet but wanted go straight to a ko4 when the times was right, il have a look when she gets back from work in it, started up ok this morning, may take of the coolier again and see if theres any oil etc... if so then turbo can come off

wheres the best place to get a ko3s or ko4 from?

i dont think the oil in the cooler is a problem, as HTC said it does happen. i had some in mine too when i fitted my fmic.

there are usually loads of ko3s' on ebay, i know there is(was) a few on edition38, or try seatcupra forums

ok cheers dude, will have a look, the oil in the cooler was going round the engine making it smoke so i fort it wanted cleaning really, going try get a new intercooler aswell

Hope you get it sorted soon bud.

sadly were going have to keep driving it how it is for the time being as we dont have a 2nd car or able to afford to fix it at the mo with me being out of work and having a mortgage etc.. just hope it doesnt seriousely damage summit in the meantime

looks like a bit of my compo will be going on a bit of an upgrade and bigger intercooler in a couple of weeks ;-)

certainly not having it re-mapped again tho, it was fine till that was done!, may even get in touch with midland performance and have it un-done!