HELP REMOVING THE BACK OFF DRIVERS SEAT.

ADC74

Reaction score
As per title really folks.
The back panel of my drivers seat has come off towards the bottom of the section. It looks like it slides into guides to keep it in place but I don't want to damage the seat backing trying to bend it back onto these guides :ermm:

I presume the actual panel comes off at the top, gets slid onto these guides & maybe popped back in at the top :shrug:

Any advice would be appreciated :thumbsup:

its a common problem usually ascociated with the lumbar support breaking. the seat back just pushes into clips at the top and the bottom is usually broken but audi sell a repair kit for around a tenner. its a prise off job to release the top

Managed to ge the panel off ( it's easy when you know how - LOL ) & the lumbar is working fine but as predicted, the bottom clips are broke - off to audi to source this repair kit.

Thanks for the help swarcup :icon_thumright:

I have the same problem with mine, any chance of posting up the part number and cost from audi for the repair kit....

Got in touch with Staffs Audi & they say that this is the part I need - 8E 0898 035
Can anyone confirm this before I order something I don't need :ermm:

Just for reference the total cost is @ £15.

Just done mine. Easy job but the three retaining clips across the top of the seat back were a bit fidly. Have to ask the question why don't Audi supply the repair kits free of charge? The fact that they're producing them is recognition of a design fault?

How good is the kit as mine is broke and its £50+ for the original part to replace it rather than the kit...

You wont need to replace the seat back unless you make a mess trying to remove it. The repair kit is a metal attachment that sits inside what remains of the original plastic (crap quality) fixings and replaces the important bit that has snapped off.

my piece broke off where the metal enters the plastic fixing how does the repair kit work, anyone got any pictures?

Just to refresh this thread....

1 repair kit does 1 seat and it takes 2-3 minutes tops.......

Best way I found was to put your arm up the inside of the set back and push out the 3 top clips, less chance of breaking seat back as they are hard to get off, lots of pressure required...

Pop in the new metal fixings, you'll need a hammer to get them all the way in and then refit seat back putting bottom clips in first, then top 3....

The only problem I have now is that the bottom metal rod that holds the lumbar support in place is broken (hence why my seat back was knackered also), anybody know if you can but this as a part or is it going to be the entire lumbar support bracket? hope not coz no doubt it will be mega bucks from a dealer....