Help! Suspected broken suspension...

col6821

Reaction score
Hi all, hope someone can diagnose this for me...

For a few miles now my A3 sportback has felt a little 'loose' when cornering. I've checked the tyre pressures and they're all correct, but today I noticed that the offside rear of the car is lower than the nearside. Also the nearside front of the car is slightly higher than the offside... It's not much, just about the width on my finger difference at both corners.
I suspect a broken coil spring on the off side rear (I've heard that they can break about an inch from the end of the bottom coil, but didn't expect a change in ride height).
Doe anyone have any other thoughts...?

Cheers

Col

Yep, broken spring on the offside rear. 3/4 of the bottom coil sheared off.

Sorted with a full set of PI sports springs fitted yesterday... :)

See good things come from bad things,your better off as genuine springs seem pretty pooh to be honest as i hear a lot of this

I think you're right there. A friend of mine used to be an engineer at MG-Rover and he believes that after-market springs are over engineered in comparison to OEM stuff, but he also thought that Audi should have replaced it under warranty regardless of age or mileage..

My local dealer had one in stock for £66, but surprisingly didn't mention any warranty cover......

Still, now the modding has started I'm looking for some 18's :)

Col

I have some genuine ones in excellent condition if your interested £30 collection only set of 4 off 2.0 tdi sport, sportback ?