Help!?! Wet drivers fotwell maybe causing battery drain

ewiemac23

Reaction score
Noticed a while ago I had wet carpit in drivers foot well knew I had to sort but never got round to it. Couple of weeks ago didn't drive my car for a week and went to start it but battery was fully dead, no coming back. Got a new battery but if I leav the car for a day or two without driving it won't start. Keep needing to jump start it. Could the water in the foot well be the cause. Only other noticeable issue with the car is the cluster display doesn't work all the time.

Any ideas appreciated. Currently sitting in my car after pulling up the carpet to find leak with no avail.
Car is a 2006 audi A3 1.9 TDI
Thanks

Yes the body module is above the acc pedal on the drivers .. if waters in that will cause all sorts of problems

Not sure on the A3, but in the hopes this knowledge is transferable: I know the old A4's had a problem where the area around the windscreen wipers would clog up with leaves/gunk, then overflow into an area that would eventually soak into the drivers/passenger footwell (resulting in electrical issues, battery drain, etc)...

Not sure on the A3, but in the hopes this knowledge is transferable: I know the old A4's had a problem where the area around the windscreen wipers would clog up with leaves/gunk, then overflow into an area that would eventually soak into the drivers/passenger footwell (resulting in electrical issues, battery drain, etc)...
Yeah I think the a3's do the same but I checked this and there was litle to no build up of debris.cleaned what I could but I don't think this is the cause

Yes the body module is above the acc pedal on the drivers .. if waters in that will cause all sorts of problems
Ahh this could be it. I'll check today and let you know how I get on. Any signs of issues I should look for?

Remove the lower dash panels, with a bright torch look up into the dash area for water marks and try and trace back to the source of the leak. It’s either the windscreen leaking or coolant from heater matrix, it would help if can narrow down to coolant or water.

Ahh this could be it. I'll check today and let you know how I get on. Any signs
Noticed a while ago I had wet carpit in drivers foot well knew I had to sort but never got round to it. Couple of weeks ago didn't drive my car for a week and went to start it but battery was fully dead, no coming back. Got a new battery but if I leav the car for a day or two without driving it won't start. Keep needing to jump start it. Could the water in the foot well be the cause. Only other noticeable issue with the car is the cluster display doesn't work all the time.

Any ideas appreciated. Currently sitting in my car after pulling up the carpet to find leak with no avail.
Car is a 2006 audi A3 1.9 TDI
Thanks
of issues I should look for?
Remove the lower dash panels, with a bright torch look up into the dash area for water marks and try and trace back to the source of the leak. It’s either the windscreen leaking or coolant from heater matrix, it would help if can narrow down to coolant or water.
Right will give that a try. Not sure if it is to the with it but the radio has stopped working now and I can't seem to register the drain with a multi meter now