HELP with b8 led tail lights........retrofit.......

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Got some genuine rear led lights today(thankyou e-bay) they the genuine ones,the plugs are different compared to my cars as its currently the boring bulb ones.

the plug-connecter that fits on the outer light is the same except the led one has a bit of plastic sticking out allowing the plug not to fit,if i file it down i know it will fit,but is the wiring in the right order? heres a pic of the led one,the outer one:

Now i also need the plug for the one that fits the boot lid (saloon) heres the image for that.

anyone help? dont fancy paying £60+ for some plugs

Just wondered if you managed to sort this... I have just bought a 2008 avant and want to make this my first mod :)

Got some genuine rear led lights today(thankyou e-bay) they the genuine ones,the plugs are different compared to my cars as its currently the boring bulb ones.

the plug-connecter that fits on the outer light is the same except the led one has a bit of plastic sticking out allowing the plug not to fit,if i file it down i know it will fit,but is the wiring in the right order? heres a pic of the led one,the outer one:

Now i also need the plug for the one that fits the boot lid (saloon) heres the image for that.

anyone help? dont fancy paying £60+ for some plugs

I can sort it,fit new plugs and code,,,,thats the good bit........unfortunatley the avant needs a new control module to get the lights to work,but the saloons already have this fitted.
Just wondered if you managed to sort this... I have just bought a 2008 avant and want to make this my first mod :)

This is starting to look like a non starter or am I giving up too soon, have bought the LED lights but now seem to be hitting my head against a brick wall for fitting them, has anyone done this successfully into the Avant? Thanks :)

if you get the control module then you 99% there mate,dont give up! i can fit,code and fit you new coonectors without cutting the original wiring on the car and without you having to buy the loom for around £50-60
This is starting to look like a non starter or am I giving up too soon, have bought the LED lights but now seem to be hitting my head against a brick wall for fitting them, has anyone done this successfully into the Avant? Thanks :)

if you get the control module then you 99% there mate,dont give up! i can fit,code and fit you new coonectors without cutting the original wiring on the car and without you having to buy the loom for around £50-60
Hi vw754
I've recently bought the avant b8 oem led rears for my 2008 avant... I've been searching for info on getting them fitted to my car but have seen so much conflicting info, then I came across your post here... Can you please give me any info or direction of how I can get this done? I almost went for the kufatec harness and dongle but read that these are specifically for LHD so I emailed kufatec and they said they couldn't confirm if they would work on a RHD as they hadn't tested them... They've said they would refund 50 euros if I bought them tried them and sent feedback... I don't know what to do for the best... Anything you can say to help... I know its been a long time since you made this post sorry