Help with fuses

Foxy90

Reaction score
Hello,

Please can someone help me with a fuse issue on my 2016 UK Audi A6 avant.

Today I was looking to add a hardwired dash cam by using a fuse that was live only with the ignition, I tried and failed. In doing so I had somehow made a mistake not putting atleast two fuses back into the proper slots as my horn, parking aid/sensors and horn were not working.

I had two fuses from the hardwire kit and placed them where I thought they may need to go as per the manual diagram.

The horn, parking sensors and glove box light now work but I now have two extra fuses in place which are maybe not needed and as such I think I am getting the following fault codes from that as they weren’t present before;

B10A929 - activation A/C compressor, implausible signal

01625 - front parking aid warning buzzer - open circuit, short circuit to ground

03123 - open circuit, terminal 30 - 2

01543 - parking aid warning buzzer - open circuit, short circuit to ground

B156401 - antenna for telephone bracket, electrical error.

Please see attached photo of the fuse board on the drives side, the two with green circles are the ones I added. I wish I had take a before photo as I wouldn’t be here now. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 033917E6-2E24-4C24-AFBD-8EF95E62D872.jpeg
    033917E6-2E24-4C24-AFBD-8EF95E62D872.jpeg
    996.9 KB · Views: 707
Assuming you've cleared these errors & scanned again.

Generally if there's a metal contact inside that fuse slot on both sides of the fuse prongs so to speak, there should be a fuse there, if its only got 1 side has a metal contact, then no fuse is needed in that slot, that should help I hope.

Generally if there's a metal contact inside that fuse slot on both sides of the fuse prongs so to speak, there should be a fuse there, if its only got 1 side has a metal contact, then no fuse is needed in that slot, that should help I hope.

If a fuse in place with only one metal prong would that cause the error of an open circuit it would it just be ignored as its not making a complete circuit? Cheers for the help.

Not at all, as no complete circuit, however, it would appear either those errors are old & cleared if fuses are plugged in or you've put fuses into unused slots with 1 side only, so check all fuse slots for 2 sides, if their is some, then you may have found the issue.

Not at all, as no complete circuit, however, it would appear either those errors are old & cleared if fuses are plugged in or you've put fuses into unused slots with 1 side only, so check all fuse slots for 2 sides, if their is some, then you may have found the issue.
Thanks I will try and take a look when it stops raining, the fault codes were not present before the fuse mishap and I’ve tried clearing them several times with no avail.

I had a 5a fuse in a 20a slot for interior lights and ac. Removed the 5a and replaced it with the 20a and the parking aid stopped working, I cleared the fault and it came back alive as it should. Fault codes have all gone, thanks again.