Help with paint problem please

paddy

Reaction score
I recently had to have some paint work done on my car including a new bonnet.

When you look into the paint at 90' from it the finish looks OK

paint2.jpg

However when you look across the paint at say 30' then it seems to have ripples in it.

paint1.jpg

Its not easy to take pictures of the effect but you can sort of see it where the clouds meet the blue on the bonnet.
Is there anything i can do about this ? or is it a respray job ??? ( its pearl Mauritius blue)

try getting it detailed or someone t go over it with a rotary to see if its the clear coat that is causing the ripples, take a few microns down and see what it produces. thats the first thing i would do anyway, other than that mate take it back to the sprayer and say your not happy

It was an insurance job. They have done it twice and its the best they can do. Basically they are crap and there is no point in pushing it because they are incapable of doing a proper job.
anyone no of a detailer in surrey ??

It was an insurance job. They have done it twice and its the best they can do. Basically they are crap and there is no point in pushing it because they are incapable of doing a proper job.
anyone no of a detailer in surrey ??
we are mobile mate and wil travel to you to see if we can sort the problem for you.