Help With S3 Tyre Choice

djx11b

Reaction score
My 2 front tyres are just about the legal limit (told by audi in free health check today) so I will need to replace them soon and was looking for some advice what people run on there s3's and would recommend ?

looking for a general all round tyre as won't be changing them with seasons as can't afford to do that.

No its not cheep buying extra wheels tyres,thats my point!,um falken 452's are great (personal choice),but many of the branded tyres will do the job and have been through certain tests!,depends what you use the car for,alot of motorway use or around town ect (for wear reasons),i would get a local tyre depot to check the tread depths though audi do like to make you aware early with tread depths ect!

are they any good on a track?
They are part road part track tyre,they are a good wet weather tyre as wel though so you could get alot grippeyer track tyres,but they would be fine on track!

The falkens are budget tyres, but apparently pretty good. Obviously any branded tyre will be good but you will pay the price, think my pirelli pzero rossos cost me around 130 per corner fitted, happy with them, grippy wet or dry and seem quite durable.

hardly ever go on motorway more around town and b road driving at moment. Seen some say michelin ps3 and goodyear eagle f1 are good choices on other forums.

hardly ever go on motorway more around town and b road driving at moment. Seen some say michelin ps3 and goodyear eagle f1 are good choices on other forums.
Yea they are great tyres,michelin's are one of the best tyres you can get hold of!,wear wise mid range budget tyres are more for around town,branded motorway (wear wise),but obveously grip wise id say falken's mich's!,depends whats your budget,michelins more but can't do much better!!

I personally use the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres. Around £110 a corner. Super grippy in all conditions, but of course the flip side is the longevity could be better (though this is my first set of Asy 2s, been using Asy 1s previously). I've heard good things about the Falkens but they aren't a premium tyre like Goodyear, Pirelli, Michelin. If you're looking for a decent all round tyre the Falken would probably do, but if you want ultimate grip consider the Goodyears. They're pretty stunning.

thanks for all the feedback. My football coupon came in so going to treat myself to a set ofgoodyear eagle f1's. £112.50 fitted a corner and can get done locally as well.

Good man, I run good years and I love them. Dont really matter if its wet or dry they are like glue. Wear wise I have put 10k on mine and they still have a way to go :D

We aren't doing this again are we? Seems like only last week we had this discussion.

Michelin ps3's all the way for me.
I've run most of the others and nothing compares. Only magazines sponsored by other manufacturers would rate any other tyre above them.

In the wet, in the dry, for grip and durability...nothing compares. The only issue is price buy, if ain't a problem, you won't regret it.

Think of it as in investment in the most important part of your vehicle as, essentially, that few inches of rubber is all that keeps you an your passengers from being in a ditch.