Help with seats removal

AndyB40

Reaction score
I have an Audi A7 S-line 2015. I am looking at swapping the interior, and have done this on various previous cars. Anything to look out for?

- Disconnect battery before starting (negative only?) - avoiding airbag issues?
- I have heard Audis have "component protect" on them so to make sure to also swap out the "seat modules". Can anyone share which module this is under the seats, does this apply to fronts only?

I'm assuming it's a case of just undoing the large torx bits at the front and disconnecting the electrical connectors to remove front seats, and for the rear after removing the bench it will need more bolts etc being undone as well as possibly seatbelt(s)?

Any advice welcome from anyone who has also replaced their interior on an Audi, I'm assuming A6 owners as least have common parts throughout the car.

Cheers!

Just to update this, front seats now fitted. For anyone else who comes across needing this info:

- Undo front seat bolts before disconnecting power when you have electric seats
- Disconnect negative terminal on battery
- Completely remove bolts
- Disconnect seat belt from seats
- Remove plastic cover under seats and disconnect wires including the plastic square that holds the harness in place
- Remove seats (I did this through rear of car as too big to get through doors with headrests on)
- For any seat that has memory, remove the memory control module (small tabs need lifting to release) and fit onto new seat
- Fit new seats plugging in connectors, attach seatbelt and put in bolts that are available
- Reconnect battery
- Finish tightning up bolts and fitting plastic trim that covers front bolts

Rears are easier, but be prepared to buy some new plastic grommets for connecting base into body of car and for rear seat into body of car, as likely to snap upon removal. There is a couple of great videos on Youtube that helps show the procedure.