Help with small stone chip

Karen O'

Reaction score
Was just out washing my car and noticed i have a small stone chip just under my passenger side head light. I dont wanna just leave it. So what am i best doing to fix it.
20170427 183706

Get a touch up stick from Audi, get a sheet of 3000grit wet and dry paper and some polishing compound.

Apply the touch up paint via a cocktail stick and just dab it in until the blob of paint sits just proud of the surface. Leave it a couple of days to go off fully then using the wet and dry paper soaking wet with plenty of water, gently sand the blob down until it's the same level as the surrounding paint. Using the polishing compound with a DA, buff out any light sanding marks.

Finish off with some wax and admire your great work :)

Alternatively just blob some paint in and call it a day!

Reactions: maxpayne
I dont fancy sanding it down i would prob ruin it lol thanks though, will give the touch up stick a go and see how i get on

Sanding sounds scary but it's worth it. See

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrEskimo
I have a couple of them so I bought the touch up kit and just put in a little dab with a toothpick. I didn't go through all the sanding process, just left it at that. You never notice it unless really looking, serves the purpose I think.

I also have a couple of stonechips to fix. I bought some touch up from audi. I'm going to fill the chips then wetsand and polish with my DA and some ultimate compound. My question, it came with some clear coat, should I wetsand and polish before or after applying clear coat? Or do I need any clear coat at all?

7de369623e1a28845e8ae856d86b66a7.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I've touched up a couple of stone chips using the Audi touch up, I mixed the paint and clear coat prior to application, two parts paint to one of clear coat, leave to dry then wet sand and polish, job done.

JG

Reactions: Nigeltdi4life
I've touched up a couple of stone chips using the Audi touch up, I mixed the paint and clear coat prior to application, two parts paint to one of clear coat, leave to dry then wet sand and polish, job done.

JG
Thanks for the advice. Can't wait to get the stonechips sorted now!

Reactions: RS5 JON
Also what is the recommended dry time in between coats?