Help

Richard jones

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the Audi 2.0 tfsi and hardly know anything about them!

Does anyone recommend pcv delete?

Also charcoal canister delete?

Also what do I need for 300bhp?

Currently sitting at 240bhp 360ftlb dsg automatic.

Mods
3" exhaust system and remapped thats it.

Welcome to the forum. Most folks suggest keeping the pcv but install the latest revision. The idea of the delete is to prevent carbon build up on the inlet valves but it still happens. Depending on mileage, you would benefit from a walnut blasting to clean the valves again.
That is quite a high torque value compared to the BHP and I would be wanting to know that the remap was safe and had been done properly. You have either an AXX or a BWA engine with the K03 turbo and so you are going to struggle to get to 300 BHP. Even with an intake and uprated fuel pump you would be lucky to improve the torque value which is why I am wondering if that value is accurate?

I expect that's more likely to be 360NM (265lb-ft).
Mine S3 an uprated clutch with 320bhp and 340lb-ft.

Is your exhaust turbo back? You'll need intake, HPFP, clutch, intercooler and even then you won't hit 300bhp and forget to change your cam follower. Don't chase numbers, build a reliable car that you can have a bit of fun in.

Whats a charcoal canister delete? Never heard of that one..

Yes 3" turbo back exhaust I read somewhere on the forums that hybrid turbo, front mount, arp hpfp, rs3 injectors will take me well over 300bhp

Welcome to the forum. Most folks suggest keeping the pcv but install the latest revision. The idea of the delete is to prevent carbon build up on the inlet valves but it still happens. Depending on mileage, you would benefit from a walnut blasting to clean the valves again.
That is quite a high torque value compared to the BHP and I would be wanting to know that the remap was safe and had been done properly. You have either an AXX or a BWA engine with the K03 turbo and so you are going to struggle to get to 300 BHP. Even with an intake and uprated fuel pump you would be lucky to improve the torque value which is why I am wondering if that value is accurate?
Appreciate the feed back mate.. I will send a photo of my print out now

Yes 3" turbo back exhaust I read somewhere on the forums that hybrid turbo, front mount, arp hpfp, rs3 injectors will take me well over 300bhp

You can do it cheaper than the APR fuel pump and RS3 injectors are not needed until someone is trying to get an S3 over 400 BHP.
Also another no to the manual boost controller.
You need a proper map at somewhere like RTech.

Why no mate? People highly recommend them on the forum

You’re bleeding off boost from a metered system. Depending on the process you implement you bypass the actuator pressure - giving extra boost but not considering the extra fueling required. This was how the S3 8L is done.

A Stg2 R-Tec map includes 5 switchable settings, from stock to high boost/torque. This is via their mapping process so all fuel, air and timing calculations are considered.

I’d be keen to see the high recommendations.

You’re bleeding off boost from a metered system. Depending on the process you implement you bypass the actuator pressure - giving extra boost but not considering the extra fueling required. This was how the S3 8L is done.

A Stg2 R-Tec map includes 5 switchable settings, from stock to high boost/torque. This is via their mapping process so all fuel, air and timing calculations are considered.

I’d be keen to see the high recommendations.
Not just a Stage 2. My Stage 1 has 5 switchable maps :) I only use 1 or 5, the rest are not needed.

As for a bleed valve, I was under the impression that bleeding the boost manually would cause the ECU to recognise a change ancd compensate for it, making it pointless and probably cause a mixture issue in the long run.
Map in the boost you want and it should be fine.

Reactions: samuelh_888
I dont think you will get much over 280 with K03 turbo TBH. Revo quote 310 but with a K04 upgrade.

Reactions: GGG_666
Not just a Stage 2. My Stage 1 has 5 switchable maps :) I only use 1 or 5, the rest are not needed.

As for a bleed valve, I was under the impression that bleeding the boost manually would cause the ECU to recognise a change ancd compensate for it, making it pointless and probably cause a mixture issue in the long run.
Map in the boost you want and it should be fine.
The manual boost control will be mapped in. Also will be set up on the dyno as my mate owns his own mapping company. So all should be good

If you read what I mentioned none of this is going on with the k04 turbo... I will be going either hybrid or k04

That's excellent numbers you currently have then from the K03. My previous Stg2 map on the S3 only gave 341ftlb.

But whats the point ? by the time you have swapped it all about to get 300bhp from a Ko4 you might as well just get an S3 with a stock revo stg 1 and it will be quicker than your hybrid 2.0 A3
I can see that if you want to go faster than an S3 you dont have an option but to tune it, but to go faster than an a3 ? well Audi already did all the hard work.

Ok cool, thanks for the clarification - you had ftlb above.

Hi guys new to the Audi 2.0 tfsi and hardly know anything about them!

Also what do I need for 300bhp?

Currently sitting at 240bhp 360ftlb dsg automatic.

Mods
3" exhaust system and remapped thats it.

No mate its 360ftlb not 265. Will send copy of my print out after work

Go for:
- K04 or a hybrid - make sure you relocate the DV valve to the front (you'd need to for the K04) as at the moment it's bolted to the turbo
- good cold air intake - you haven't mentioned whether you have this - Revo, VWR, ITG etc
- vis HPFP internals - it's about 1/3 the price of an APR HPFP
- S3 intercooler
- consider brakes and suspension

Get your DSG TCU mapped at the same time

340 lbft is near 460nm which is pretty good Sam. Its always going to be a trade off between NM and BHP
A lot of odd figures being banded about here.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Ok cool, thanks for the clarification - you had ftlb above.

Go for:
- K04 or a hybrid - make sure you relocate the DV valve to the front (you'd need to for the K04) as at the moment it's bolted to the turbo
- good cold air intake - you haven't mentioned whether you have this - Revo, VWR, ITG etc
- vis HPFP internals - it's about 1/3 the price of an APR HPFP
- S3 intercooler
- consider brakes and suspension

Get your DSG TCU mapped at the same time
Where would you consider buying the hpfp from buddy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190523-090041_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190523-090041_Drive.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 257
It was mapped by previous owner safe also exhaust and down pipe isn't mapped in. Goes well for what it is though just sold my 330bhp focus st 3 and bought this for a little toy rather than put miles on my BMW

Rs ECU
Rs plugs
Block mod
Rs injectors
Rs clutch
Air tec intercooler
Full 3.5" turbo back exhaust
Hybrid turbo
Alot lol regret selling it though

Reactions: samuelh_888 and Daveyonthemove
So a s3 isn't even a upgrade compared to mine?

Your stock fuel pump is good for 340’ish bhp and 350’ish ftlb torques. The upgraded pump is really the kick of extra torque but very little bhp.

With the Loba HPFP I’m getting 360/392 on 97ron.

Yes for sure a Ko4 will get you into S3 stage 2+ territory (350 -370bhp) as long as you have supporting parts (hint, cough clutch). The connecting rods on our engine shouldn't be pushed over 400bhp so I would rule out a hybrid unless you change the rods. Don't forget to change your cam follower.
Here is what you'll need
http://r-techperformance.co.uk/axx-bwa-tfsi-k04-turbo-conversion/

I'm at 284bhp and right around 320ft lbs I believe at stage 2+ on my Ko3 (last checked 3.5 years ago)..... the turbo runs out of steam at around 5500rpm.

I have nearly all of the parts for my Ko4 install, just a few left to get so I can't wait to break into the mid 300bhp range.

To answer a question on here, some of us couldn't afford an S3 off the jump when we bought our cars so we make do with what we have.

Good luck with your project! Start a thread for it

Last edited:
You dont need a hpfp or a CAI for 300 bhp. a stock S3 engine will do over 300bhp with a generic revo stg1 so if you have a K04 spend any spare money on getting it to handle.

Yes for sure a Ko4 will get you into S3 stage 2+ territory (350 -370bhp) as long as you have supporting parts (hint, cough clutch). The connecting rods on our engine shouldn't be pushed over 400bhp so I would rule out a hybrid unless you change the rods. Don't forget to change your cam follower.
Here is what you'll need
http://r-techperformance.co.uk/axx-bwa-tfsi-k04-turbo-conversion/

I'm at 284bhp and right around 320ft lbs I believe at stage 2+ on my Ko3 (last checked 3.5 years ago)..... the turbo runs out of steam at around 5500rpm.

I have nearly all of the parts for my Ko4 install, just a few left to get so I can't wait to break into the mid 300bhp range.

To answer a question on here, some of us couldn't afford an S3 off the jump when we bought our cars so we make do with what we have.

Good luck with your project! Start a thread for it

It be fair I wouldn’t push an A3 engine much past 300 unless you peg the torque back. The internals aren’t the same as the S3 so with the big turbo comes the thoughts of forging.

I agree you your point on S3 affordability. I previously had a 1.8tfsi (for 3 months) but the wish list put me into S3 price territory with still 80-100 bhp less so for me it made sense. Not that I’m trying to justify it... as far as the wife goes, the car changed from black to silver...

Last edited:
but that was a few years ago sam, S3's are dropping in price with age. I can see this guy doing exactly what you did and spend money on an a3 then buy an S3 anyway.

I won't be buying an S3. I bought my A3 in 2010, back then S3 prices were mental compared to what I got.