Help

Lemon23

Reaction score
Hi I have a Audi s3 8p 2007 I’ve noticed it Reving up by itself whilst braking(coming up to lights) it also dips below normal idle.
Also if I’m idling and I rev it up to 4000rpm when it comes back down it dips way below normal idle speed then bounces back up anyone have any ideas.
Car also feels a lot more bouncy/jerky.

Sounds like an air leak somewhere, have you checked all the boost pipes etc on the turbo.

Sounds like an air leak somewhere, have you checked all the boost pipes etc on the turbo.
Thanks for the reply, No I haven’t but I will in a sec would a air leak to cause the diverter valve to go of more often ?

Reactions: Jcbmally
Have you checked the diverter valve? If it is the diaphragm type, the rubber might have split.

Have you checked the diverter valve? If it is the diaphragm type, the rubber might have split.
Hi I have the gfb dv+ I thought these ones don’t have the rubber thing that can split? I could be wrong tho ?

You are correct in that the GFB just has a brass piston. However, they can stick so well worth taking to pieces, giving hhe piston a polish and reassemble making sure the piston is well lubricated with engine oil.

Thanks for the reply, No I haven’t but I will in a sec would a air leak to cause the diverter valve to go of more often ?
It may as the vacuum/pressures will be affected with a leak.

You are correct in that the GFB just has a brass piston. However, they can stick so well worth taking to pieces, giving hhe piston a polish and reassemble making sure the piston is well lubricated with engine oil.
Thanks I’ve just done this to no avail. Just about done with this car now haha I’ve changed the pcv, purge valve, fuel pressure sensor. I did have a code a while ago p0441 so changed the n80 could it be something to do with the charcoal canister do you think ?

Thanks I’ve just done this to no avail. Just about done with this car now haha I’ve changed the pcv, purge valve, fuel pressure sensor. I did have a code a while ago p0441 so changed the n80 could it be something to do with the charcoal canister do you think ?
The exhaust is really black and sounds like it’s blowing. Running really rich. Popping a lot more then it was before

Not been in an 8P S3 for a good few years now so I've forgotten most of what I learnt lol but have you tried unplugging the MAF sensor and running it?

Check u dip stick has all its seals on it as i know when i had the same symptoms as urself that was my problem as i had the old Orange 1 and all seals had perished and once i changed to the Yellow 1 problem disappered

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk