Here come some mods!

Caval4r

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my car a while now and while absolutely superb I have succumbed to the modding bug!

My car comes back to me today after some development work down at forge and as soon as I pick it up I have ordered a brand new tuning box which is waiting for me down at dtuk.

I'm really looking forward to this and while nowhere near slow. I've seen that their demo car could get down to 3.5 to 60. I doubt I'll get there but I do have a friends vbox to have a blast with on some private roads.

I'll keep you guys updated.....

Reactions: ved789, mudfish, DJAlix and 3 others
make sure you remove the pedal box :)

Reactions: Caval4r
I was planning on it....just to really gauge the difference between states of tune and not have the pedal box interfere. I want to see what this thing can do!

Standard car is mental, modded one must be proper loopy!

TX.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Awesome, my DTUK box just arrived today too!

Thanks Andrew... I will let you guys know how I get along :)

Reactions: jimojameso, ABYSS and RYuill
Awesome, my DTUK box just arrived today too!

Thanks Andrew... I will let you guys know how I get along :)
thank you'll be impressed, moreso with the mid range pull

Reactions: T-800 and EddieRS3
Well.....having had the box fitted since roughly 3 today, I still can't comprehend the power this thing now pulls with. The standard car is not slow at all. But now......real supercar slayer.

Reactions: T-800, Kelza, Spaceman_RS3 and 2 others
AFAIK what they don't know won't hurt them eg take it off before you take car back to Audi.

TX.

Well.....having had the box fitted since roughly 3 today, I still can't comprehend the power this thing now pulls with. The standard car is not slow at all. But now......real supercar slayer.
Ohh nice one mate ;)

Reactions: T-800
So having had the box on the car for a few days now. I can say I'm still not getting used to the extra power the car now has.
I quickly got familiar with the standard car and was pleased with its performance but it's a different level now.

It feels like it's a gear lower during acceleration than it actually is. This isn't really a small step up in performance. It's quite a trek.

Very pleased thus far!

Reactions: ved789, T-800, RYuill and 2 others
So having had the box on the car for a few days now. I can say I'm still not getting used to the extra power the car now has.
I quickly got familiar with the standard car and was pleased with its performance but it's a different level now.

It feels like it's a gear lower during acceleration than it actually is. This isn't really a small step up in performance. It's quite a trek.

Very pleased thus far!

What setting have you got the box on, I'm still running it at map 1 - zero

What setting have you got the box on, I'm still running it at map 1 - zero

I've tried only map 1 zero, map 1 +1, map 1+2 ... and 1+3... the last being viscious...LC works better with map 1 zero as I think it wheelspins more with the others... once rolling though the others are quicker for sure... I havent tried map 2 or 3... have you guys had any experience?

It seems like map 2 or 3, might be more of a goldilocks setup for LC...where its less about the brut force, and more about launch optimisation :)

I'm just on the preset map at the moment. Haven't fiddled......yet!

Reactions: T-800
I'm just on the preset map at the moment. Haven't fiddled......yet!
so thats probably map 1 zero... I still thought it was nice and smooth... obviously notably quicker... go to 1+2 or 1+3... and then youll see supercar slayer aggression haha.

I've tried only map 1 zero, map 1 +1, map 1+2 ... and 1+3... the last being viscious...LC works better with map 1 zero as I think it wheelspins more with the others... once rolling though the others are quicker for sure... I havent tried map 2 or 3... have you guys had any experience?

It seems like map 2 or 3, might be more of a goldilocks setup for LC...where its less about the brut force, and more about launch optimisation :)
Maps 2 and 3 are detuned versions of map 1

So this box is just plug and play? Does this leave a trace on the cars memory even if removed? Is it TD1 or something thats flagged up?

Ill be getting some sort of tune but don't want to screw my warranty up right away!!

Btw, love your car Caval4r!

Reactions: R55ENS
andrew, is it ok that some people are using Map1 +1 +2 or +3???

andrew, is it ok that some people are using Map1 +1 +2 or +3???

the dyno sheets, TUV approval and lambda readings I've posted all relate to the box set on map 1 zero (preset), when we dyno'd our RS3 on map 1 plus 2 the difference on the sync was tiny, and the curve wasn't as smooth..

If i still had an RS3 id use map 1 zero..

It's all I've used and it's superb. Don't feel the need to muck about with it. And thanks R55ENS. Is yours glut orange?

What the car can currently do.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    610.2 KB · Views: 263
Got it, saved image then went to photos.

Is that your vbox times?

It's all I've used and it's superb. Don't feel the need to muck about with it. And thanks R55ENS. Is yours glut orange?

Yeah it is mate! Hopefully have it next week! All being well! If not will be early the following week! So excited now!!

I'd be interested to see how quick to 100mph on a private track of course.

TX

Anyone else using this box on there new rs3 looking for more reviews

What about Insurance? I know some will not insure modded cars. If you don't tell them your insurance is not valid?

Reactions: WoodyRS