Hey! Wanting to buy my first audi but want to know if this is worth it?

jaysonD

Reaction score
Basically Ive been looking at getting a audi a3 2.0t quattro s line and it don't take a fool to realise audis are damn expensive to get what you want!
I've been really struggling to find one with decent mileage good condition and leather seats. Budget is probably about 6 k as mynan is willing to lend me a few grand or 8 and half if I get finance from a dealership.
i was in love with the red ones and thought I'll colour code it to be all black and red, or to get a black car and do it the same but reverse, I've been looking for soo long I'm getting annoyed that there is so few on the market! I see one in dark grey it's the 2.0t fsi sport quattro not the s line which I originally wanted but it's immaculate, comes with black and light grey leather heated seats and the audi built in satnav, it's a 54 (pretty gutted as I wanted the face lifted model) but it's in all good condition has 72500 on the clock going for 4700 I bargained her down to. If I can attach a few pictures I will. Is it possible to put the newer front bumper on the car? Or are the mounts difference as I'll lower it and put rs4 alloys on it.
Do you think the car sounds worth it or should I look else where? Apart from the s line suspension and embossed seats are there any difference between sport and sline? Like noticeable difference? And one last question it doesn't have bose and I really wanted bose can i fit thebose system in the car? ImageImageImage

Don't settle with a first car that you find. Those extras you would like to fit later might cost you more than if you had waited for a model that already has them. Keep looking and you will find one eventually. regarding the mileage you can't expect for a 10 years old car to have 70 000 miles on the clock, unless it has been owned by a granny that used it for Sunday drive to the church and back. Look for the overall condition, service history and wear not the mileage.

Welcome to the forum - in my opinion if you have your heart set on 1 type of car, wait, save and then buy it. Otherwise you will be disappointed or end up regretting it.

Failing that, if you find a cheap car that is in good condition like the one you have found and its half your budget, if you have the remaining £3k spare you can easily afford to do a conversion.
Front bumper
Rear bumper (if desired)
BOSE conversion - have a search, looks expensive and time consuming. Just go for aftermarket head unit and speakers / sub/amp etc..
Suspension - springs / coilovers / shocks & springs
Alloys

Then of course a remap, exhaust, etc.. and if you are on this forum you'll see lots of little tweaks you would want to do to it! and you will still have cash to spare!

Noticeable differences depends on what type of "S-line" you get - some have Xenon lights, DRL, Black roof lining, piano black surrounds (rather than chrome) lower suspension etc.. whether its sport / sline / black edition.

regarding the mileage you can't expect for a 10 years old car to have 70 000 miles on the clock,

Mine's an '06 with a genuine 62000 miles verified by VCDS.....

Reading your responses I think I'm going to wait! I do like it a lot just annoying it hasn't got a line and it's not in a colour I like much!
Was really gutted because I see a car I fell I love with it low mileage highest spec I had the funds then I went magaluf which killed a big chunk of it then it was sold time I had the chance!
I'm planning on keeping my next one for a few years as it won't rack up much mileage I do 100mile round trips for work everyday so it would be my weekend car! So cheers lads for your opinions, keep a look out for one won't you 😉

Definitely wait. My s3 took me 6 months to find and it still didn't have everything, (no auto-wipers, cruise or buckets), but I waited and I am really happy I did. I retrofitted cruise and realised that not have auto wipers or buckets wasn't the end of the world, they were just nice to haves.

I have been looking for an S5 for 3 months and have given myself until Xmas to find the right one.

Definitely wait. My s3 took me 6 months to find and it still didn't have everything, (no auto-wipers, cruise or buckets), but I waited and I am really happy I did. I retrofitted cruise and realised that not have auto wipers or buckets wasn't the end of the world, they were just nice to haves.

I have been looking for an S5 for 3 months and have given myself until Xmas to find the right one.
Oh really that long! I have been looking at the market for quite a few months but the funds haven't been there did consider BMW's and other hot hatches but none of them seem anywhere near as nice so I've got my eyes determined! Want to at least have heated leathers and bose and hopeful auto lights and/or multi CD player! I don't really wanna spend loads of money to not be completely happy with it! I'll just stick to my 1.2 and van untill one pops up!

Oh really that long! I have been looking at the market for quite a few months but the funds haven't been there did consider BMW's and other hot hatches but none of them seem anywhere near as nice so I've got my eyes determined! Want to at least have heated leathers and bose and hopeful auto lights and/or multi CD player! I don't really wanna spend loads of money to not be completely happy with it! I'll just stick to my 1.2 and van untill one pops up!

I searched for 3 months before i found the right one for me, which had to have, the heated recaros, satnav, cd changer, oh,and had to be Sprint Blue.
It was well worth all the searching and waiting for.
Better holding back to get the right one and then enjoy it!

Good things come to those who wait!!!

Reactions: Sandra
I searched for 3 months before i found the right one for me, which had to have, the heated recaros, satnav, cd changer, oh,and had to be Sprint Blue.
It was well worth all the searching and waiting for.
Better holding back to get the right one and then enjoy it!

Good things come to those who wait!!!

Just seen the picture of yours, looks so nice in blue! Have been thinking that if I can't get the exact right colour I can always spray it, but yeah it's true I think I'm going to wait untill I find one with all the modifications I want on it!
Looked at the insurance for a s3 was 1600 quid 😒 maybe in a few years!

My car is a 55 reg 2.0T quattro with 71k, that sort of milage isn't unusual. I agree with others, wait until you find the right one. At 8k, you should find one.

Find the car you want, ie, if 8P2 (newer bumper) is your preference you'll find one. Stuff like resprays and facelifts are always more expensive than just waiting for the right car to come along.

Reactions: Jet2004uk
8.5k on finance from a dealer? Have you thought about a 8k loan, banks are doing some crazy low rates at the moment if you can get the preferential rate...!

8.5k on finance from a dealer? Have you thought about a 8k loan, banks are doing some crazy low rates at the moment if you can get the preferential rate...!

Have considered it! But I'm only 19 so banks ain't too kind on loaning me a lot of money with a low rate!

Sorry mate but thats total s**t. They will lend any amount to anyone providing you meet the criteria and can pay it back!! How do you know if you don't try?

Sorry mate but thats total s**t. They will lend any amount to anyone providing you meet the criteria and can pay it back!! How do you know if you don't try?

Hmm well I did try when I was on my online banking they give you like a automated personal one, but I guess it won't hurt if I pop in my bank this weekend! Cheers mate!

Also is quattro worth it? Ive never drove a quattro only drove the fwd, and quite curious if its worth limiting myself at yhe cars avaliable?