HHA / Hill Hold Assist on by default

AndrewW

Reaction score
My car is fitted with the HHA feature with the button below the electronic handbrake however this defaults to OFF every time the car is turned off and back on.

I'm aware there is potentially a Carista mod to set it to auto on, or at least remember the last setting, but is anyone aware of the VCDS coding to do this? I've taken a quick look into the coding / adaptions on the ABS module and there's nothing relevant there.

Thanks!

My car has HHA from the factory and it remembers the last setting. Did you retro fit yours?

My car has HHA from the factory and it remembers the last setting. Did you retro fit yours?

It's on the factory spec list from when the car was built so I guess it's always been there.
E36D149F 8E8F 4E21 BE22 C88CA0F9451A

Last edited:
My Audi B8 S4 is a late January 2011 build car and the hill hold defaults to off. I kind of prefer it to be that way as my wife's Polo which only has basic hill hold has it permanently enabled, which at times, annoys me. It takes all types I suppose, but trust me, driving my wife's Polo with no option to switch it off does not do it for me at times.

Other than a brief glitch after my MMI was updated ten days ago, the factory-fit HHA on my 2015 S4 has always remembered the last setting.

Having had a B8 & a B8.5 A4/S4’s, the B8’s don’t have the memory function on the HHA button & I couldn’t code it with the Carista app
However the B8.5 comes from the factory with the memory function already applied

Reactions: AndrewW and scotty76