Hi all, names lee from Chester, just thought I'd introduce myself and my problematic S3

Lee Gerrard

Reaction score
shes a headache an a huge pain in the **** at times but I love her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    886.8 KB · Views: 117
Hi Lee and welcome to ASN , That's a good looking S3 you have. How long have you had her and what have you done so far? Any plans for modifications?
Dont worry, We're all in the same boat here when it comes to problems which is the frustrating part of owning these cars but you're in the best place for help and advice and the forum has a wealth of information available along with some great members.

Steve

Hi Steve, I've had her for almost 2 years now not had to much done, coilovers, wheels, induction kit, an a remap think that's about it so far, would like a hidden front mount inter cooler and new exhaust system next I think,

On the problem side I've asked for advice twice now an had no replies, so guessing nobody has had the issues I'm having lol

Hi all, new to the group and after some much needed help, my car is barely boosting, at 1st it was intermittent now it's full time, at around 2.5k revs you can hear air hissing out and there's practically no boost, there's no leaks as its all been checked, actuator is fine waste gate is fine and turbo is good! When you take the hose off the before the dump valve the car goes nuts! It's a ridiculous amount of boost but put the pipe back on an nothing again,no faults come up on the reader, it's had throttle pedal change, n75 valve, new dump valve, a bit stuck now? Anybody else had this issue before?? Please help!

I would advise scanning with VCDS (if you haven't already) as some code readers don't cover all VAG fault codes and fault descriptions. If you have a look in the VCDS secion for VCDS users map and see if there is anyone local to your area.
Your fault is strange as all the possible causes have either been checked or parts replaced but there should be a fault code stored in the ECU. Did you say you have had a smoke test done?

Also might be worth checking the condition of your turbo intake pipe as they are well known to collapse under load causing loss of power (especially if original) If it's soft or split it'll need changing

Last edited:
Not a smoke test but it's had a vacuum test and was told no leaks anywhere, it's such a strange problem

Hi all, new to the group and after some much needed help, my car is barely boosting, at 1st it was intermittent now it's full time, at around 2.5k revs you can hear air hissing out and there's practically no boost, there's no leaks as its all been checked, actuator is fine waste gate is fine and turbo is good! When you take the hose off the before the dump valve the car goes nuts! It's a ridiculous amount of boost but put the pipe back on an nothing again,no faults come up on the reader, it's had throttle pedal change, n75 valve, new dump valve, a bit stuck now? Anybody else had this issue before?? Please help!

Could you please refrain from starting multiple threads on the same topic... please give other members at least some chance to respond and be mindful that not everyone will have an answer straight away

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-amk.250234/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-massive-under-boost.250187/

As this has been answered in this thread both of the above are now closed to retain context

<tuffty/>

I would advise if you can't find anyone local with VCDS you can order a cheapo OBD2 to USB cable from ebay and download VCDS lite (and is free) which although limited is a great tool designed for VAG vehicles. Give it a scan and hopefully that will give some better info.

What your describing tho' really sounds like a boost leak to me, I'm not familiar with a vacuum test for leaks so I can't comment on that but a smoke test should identify any leaks in the system.
Other than that Lee I can't really help mate. If you can get any fault codes it will make it easier for people to help.

Hope you have some luck with it

Steve

Thanks steve, appreciate your time.

Reactions: S3 Hilife
Tuffty, nobody else will see it on here so think that's a bit wrong to remove the other post, yes I put 2 on as didn't realise you were not aloud to, a simple message to say I couldn't would suffice, would have no problem in saying sorry and deleting one of the posts, so could I put the post back so others can see it?

Tuffty, nobody else will see it on here so think that's a bit wrong to remove the other post, yes I put 2 on as didn't realise you were not aloud to, a simple message to say I couldn't would suffice, would have no problem in saying sorry and deleting one of the posts, so could I put the post back so others can see it?

If you think that no one will see it then why post it here too?... Ironically despite this someone has answered you on this... now they have this thread should remain to keep context and not dilute the section with people answering in more than one place...

Its common sense and forum etiquette to not post multiple times... you cannot expect an answer straight away especially not on a day where most people are having 'a day off' so posting multiple times is even less acceptable...

As for a 'simple message' I did... twice...

The query is being discussed here so your other threads will remain closed

<tuffty/>

I only copied it in here to show the guy I was talking to, no need to be an **** tuffty, I'm new here, never done forums before, I'm just trying to get a bit of help like a lot of people on here do, look I'm not trying to cause trouble or upset anyone i just wanted some advice,

Last edited by a moderator:
I only copied it in here to show the guy I was talking to, no need to be an **** tuffty, I'm new here, never done forums before, I'm just trying to get a bit of help like a lot of people on here do, look I'm not trying to cause trouble or upset anyone i just wanted some advice,
Morning Lee, tuffty is spot on with his decision. Multiple threads don't achieve multiple responses It's usually the opposite. You will find us helpful on the forum. Few things to remember though. At weekends forum is a little quieter as people are doing there own thing and also please watch your language when posting

Suggestion - if you aren't here to upset anyone, don't have a go at the moderators. They're just doing a (vital) job keeping the forum tidy and effective.

Reactions: Sandra

Firstly... I am not being an '****' so wind your neck in... secondly... forums are not like Facebook so there is no need to post in this manner... sort your attitude and get to grips with forum etiquette and you will get the best experience from ASN and its members.. there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here so you should also use the search system and read the FAQ's...

If you feel that this thread is not the place to pursue your request for info on your problem I will happily clean up this post and reinstate one of the others so that the info remains in context..

Don't hate the player... hate the game

regards

<tuffty/>

If you wouldn't mind please tuffty, I would like the other post reinstated, sorry everybody my bad!

want help, dont pi55 off the admin
listen to their advise

its given for a reason