Hi All, new A3 owner

Eftwyrd

Reaction score
Evenin all!

Thought I would say hello, I just purchased an 09 A3 TDI Sportback Quattro Black Edition, fancied a car with plenty of room in the back for transporting the MTBs about, that has decent MPG yet still has a bit of power to it and is most of all pretty reliable.

Spent the last 6 years blatting around in a ST205 Celica and finally got sick of the hassle and expense of keeping a 16 year old modified 300bhp car going as a daily driver and only getting 20mpg while doing so.

Im not sure if I will be able to keep the modifying bug at bay, so it may end up as yet another project!

Nice to meet you all :)

​Hi welcome to ASN. Have a look over the A3 8P section. Read the faqs section at the top of page. Any pics. Enjoy the forum. :)x

Hiya and welcome aboard. Get some pics up when you can. Nice choice of A3 and enjoy the better fuel consumption. Be warned though, you will need deep full pockets as you will get plenty of encouragement to do the modding on here lol

No pics of the A3 yet, it is still standardish really, needs a good correction detail on the paintwork after the monkeys at the garage have left hazing all over it and still didn't shift the scratches. Will get some pics up after I have done that.

I know my intention isn't to mod the A3 performance wise other than a Revo remap, did enough of that on the 205. However I will be lowering, sticking a nice set of rims on and a few subtle styling mods.

Here are a couple of pics of the previous car though, I know it's not your scene but it will give you an idea of my views on aesthetic.

100_13472.jpg

SSRR2.jpg

Blyton2.jpg