Hi All, New owner from Essex

Nyraz

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm Martin from Essex and I've owned my Black S4 B7 Avant about a month now and loved every mile so far, I sold my skyline as I wanted something a bit more quality for the family, and certainly got that! Can't fault this car in any way and perfect for munching those motorway miles!

I joined after speaking with one of your members at Boreham services the other day, and parked next to him because I spotted nice wheels on his A/S3 (Hi, didnt get your name :) )

My past cars I have modified a fair bit although this one I think I will stop at some nice wheels and maybe just the rear section of the exhaust as its just right in every other way (not sure how much being on here will change that).

Reactions: Pubemammal and Sandra
Hi Martin, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Have a look over in the a4 section. We are all very helpful and friendly. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the welcome, Taken a couple of pics although needs a clean! (usually a weekend job) :)

I'm interested to know what size wheels I can get away with if aftermarket, or a source for some other Audi wheels, all I can find online are "Audi Style".
1ylp
E09l
Skqp

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Martin, pop a post up in the a4 b7 secrion and im sure the guys will advise you on what/where to get wheels. Its a very tidy looking car. /) x

Hi All,

I'm Martin from Essex and I've owned my Black S4 B7 Avant about a month now and loved every mile so far, I sold my skyline as I wanted something a bit more quality for the family, and certainly got that! Can't fault this car in any way and perfect for munching those motorway miles!

I joined after speaking with one of your members at Boreham services the other day, and parked next to him because I spotted nice wheels on his A/S3 (Hi, didnt get your name :) )

My past cars I have modified a fair bit although this one I think I will stop at some nice wheels and maybe just the rear section of the exhaust as its just right in every other way (not sure how much being on here will change that).

Hello Martin :) Glad you signed up buddy, that was me at Boreham you spoke to (Sam)! There's loads of knowledgeable people on here who can help you out if you ever need it. Your S4 looked very nice when I saw it. Welcome to the forum!

P.S .. With the right tyres and a play around with spacers you can squeeze some seriously wide wheels under them arches. My rear wheels are 9.5J and fronts 8.5J on coilovers with no rubbing what so ever :)

P.S .. With the right tyres and a play around with spacers you can squeeze some seriously wide wheels under them arches. My rear wheels are 9.5J and fronts 8.5J on coilovers with no rubbing what so ever :)
Hi Sam,
Was nice to meet you and your car looked great :)
Thanks for the info, trying to find the right offset at the mo, hopefully I can learn from others experience on that one!
(Last car had 19x10.5 and scraped on full lock and the tramlining was awful on the motorway so want to avoid that :) )

Hi Sam,
Was nice to meet you and your car looked great :)
Thanks for the info, trying to find the right offset at the mo, hopefully I can learn from others experience on that one!
(Last car had 19x10.5 and scraped on full lock and the tramlining was awful on the motorway so want to avoid that :) )

Thanks buddy, likewise :) 10.5.. nice! Although sounds like they were awful to drive on. Yeah just have a play around with spacers etc.. theres a really good website which you will find very useful Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Good Luck!

Whoop, another Essex owner, going from strength to strength :) see you out and about. Like Sam, I'm in an a3, Ming blue with s3 wheels, you'll probably see the missus driving it more than me at the moment

Reactions: Pubemammal
Thanks buddy, likewise :) 10.5.. nice! Although sounds like they were awful to drive on. Yeah just have a play around with spacers etc.. theres a really good website which you will find very useful Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Good Luck!

Thanks mate, that site is dangerous for me lol :) Seems 3SDM offer some good fitment choices anyway, just trying to decide to stick with 18s or go for 19s...
The wheels site is definitely worth a look!
3pgo

I'd love to get this look (I believe a member on here, know the car?):
Lsj7g

And Hi Munch :)

I think if your getting bigger in diameter or wider wheels.. Definitely go for a lower profile tyre. 235/40 on a 19" rim will be huge and may cause rubbing issues.

Whether you go for 18's or 19's I would definitely go for 35 profile. Unless of course if your going to slightly stretch them then go for a 40 profile like my rear ones... I'm running 225/35 (8.5J) front and 225/40 rear (9.5J)

The front
ujezejyj.jpg

The rear
y5y4yse6.jpg

Just to give you some ideas/get them to fit! 👍

Thanks mate :)

Does using a different profile not affect the quattro?

I think I'd prefer to keep all four wheels the same so I can rotate them on the car, seems some have fitted 19x9.5 ET35 with 235/35/19 with no issues, I guess if I went 19x8.5 i'd go with 225/35/19? (this tyre stuff is doing my head in lol!)

Thanks mate :)

Does using a different profile not affect the quattro?

I think I'd prefer to keep all four wheels the same so I can rotate them on the car, seems some have fitted 19x9.5 ET35 with 235/35/19 with no issues, I guess if I went 19x8.5 i'd go with 225/35/19? (this tyre stuff is doing my head in lol!)
Any news bud?!

Hi mate,
Still not found the right ones for me, I thought I had but then found a couple of sets (the 3SDM and some of the BBS) wont go over the brakes unless I poke them out or go mad on spacers, and not really into that, so have looked at some of the other audi model 19s, like the speedline 2 piece and RS6 wheels, although I love the look of the Team dynamics imolas :)
It will be 19x8.5j et35 and 235/35/19 just need to find a supplier as most sites I can find don't seem to let you choose the offset strangely :)

The car is now lowered and looks and feels a load better, and bought some products to black out most of the chrome (just not got around to it!) :)