Hi and Mid B&O retrofit

I am also going to add an amplifier with 8 outputs, 6 for the existing speakers of the audi sound system and 2 for the front mid speakers doors.
What model of amplifier do you plan to install?
I forget the brand, but I have an old amp from my previous car. 1000W 6 channel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Update, I ended up just adding a jbl 8 inch sub powered by a DS18 candy amp all on the parcel shelf. Sound is so much better and the bass is crisper too. I was going to put deadening material, but wasn't needed.

The subwoofer line is really low compared to the rest of the cars speakers, so I have the gain up alot.

The ds18 amp is tiny, but 160w rms and 800w peak.

While I originally wanted to add mids in the doors, it was just too much work, money and effort. The sub, amp and supplies was maybe $150 total.
2a1f6924d15a49841a2cead16b58215e.jpg
0603c7b0c1ed806f676565afcf6d4ca6.jpg
498a88d88651d999e8b9fdde4ec735c9.jpg
2a976ccba1d7516af95f1708c5e32f67.jpg

Reactions: ivelliosy
Update, I ended up just adding a jbl 8 inch sub powered by a DS18 candy amp all on the parcel shelf. Sound is so much better and the bass is crisper too. I was going to put deadening material, but wasn't needed.

The subwoofer line is really low compared to the rest of the cars speakers, so I have the gain up alot.

The ds18 amp is tiny, but 160w rms and 800w peak.

While I originally wanted to add mids in the doors, it was just too much work, money and effort. The sub, amp and supplies was maybe $150 total.
2a1f6924d15a49841a2cead16b58215e.jpg
0603c7b0c1ed806f676565afcf6d4ca6.jpg
498a88d88651d999e8b9fdde4ec735c9.jpg
2a976ccba1d7516af95f1708c5e32f67.jpg

Nice work pal. I am trying to improve my stock 8 speakers system as well. My first attempt was coding unit to Audi SS and adding the centre mid on console. I also purchased front bass speakers which are 40 watts ilo 20 watts stock. My question is should I buy the rear parcel sub as oem or should I go for a different brand like you do? Also my rear parcel doesnt have speaker cut outs like you have on your factory fitted Audi SS car. Does it worth to rework and cut rear parcel shelf for subwoofer or can i only add subwoofer and put pack the parcel shelf as it is? Some on forum replaces the oem sub with 8" ones also. Does 8" sub fit to oem's original hole? Cheers.

Nice work pal. I am trying to improve my stock 8 speakers system as well. My first attempt was coding unit to Audi SS and adding the centre mid on console. I also purchased front bass speakers which are 40 watts ilo 20 watts stock. My question is should I buy the rear parcel sub as oem or should I go for a different brand like you do? Also my rear parcel doesnt have speaker cut outs like you have on your factory fitted Audi SS car. Does it worth to rework and cut rear parcel shelf for subwoofer or can i only add subwoofer and put pack the parcel shelf as it is? Some on forum replaces the oem sub with 8" ones also. Does 8" sub fit to oem's original hole? Cheers.
There should be an indent of where you can cut the parcel shelf. I went with aftermarket because it's better quality and cheaper.

You might be able to find the rear spare tire subwoofer option too so you don't have to cut anything... There are many Bose options out there and upgrade the smaller subwoofer too.

The whole setup cost me less than $200 so it was a great solution/option for me.

Reactions: ivelliosy
Depends on which system you have...

For standard 8 speakers system, they recommend the followings:
1) Adding the center dash treble
2) Adding the rear shelf sub
3) Replacing the 4 DM tweeters with B&O
4) Adding the B&O front door mid
5) VCDS enabling 10 speakers system/sub MMI menu

For *** (Which is what I'm doing):
1) Replacing the 4 DM tweeters with B&O
2) Adding the B&O front door mid

But the 4 tweeters are already there no matter which system, it's the front door mid that's missing for ***, plus center dash and sub for standard 8 speakers system. They said the stock amps are more than enough to run them and there's night and day difference... So let's see how it goes in a few days. They do not have a website, but you can pretty much find them for about the same price at eBay.de

I wonder can @DJAlix do this, besides the Audi Sound System Plus? :blink: Reading through this, it is achievable but is it worth it?? Opt for an aftermarket amplifier instead to give that extra power?

[QUOTE = "larbel, post: 2791886, membro: 111813"] Finalmente sono andato in giro per tentare di funzionare gli altoparlanti ieri sera, ma ho scoperto che ho bisogno di un'altra cosa prima di poterli finire ...

Il tweeter B&O NON è fornito con alcun condensatore incorporato, immagina che l'amplificatore B&O abbia un crossover integrato, quindi non è necessario sul sistema B&O di serie? L'ho testato senza alcun limite, i suoni sono molto più chiari in alto rispetto al tweeter AAS e apre davvero il palcoscenico. Quindi ho appena ordinato un tappo ELNA Silmic II 4.7uF 50v, potrebbe essere un duro lavoro di saldatura poiché i fili sono così piccoli, ma vedrà ... Il venditore mi ha fornito del Nichicon 4.7uF 50v, ma non credo che per l ' audio, quindi potrebbe anche farlo bene ...

Per i medi, ho rimosso i pannelli delle porte nel tentativo di provare a vedere se riesco a estrarre il pin dal connettore dell'altoparlante usando gli aghi ... Non ha funzionato e non voglio distruggere i cablaggi quindi ho solo ho ordinato anche un attrezzo per estrarre i perni Molex. La gamma media è il punto debole dell'AAS, suppongo che ogni punto intermedio debba avere un enorme passo in avanti, quindi vedrà quando arriveranno le parti.

[ATTACH = full] 98.717 [/ attach] [/ QUOTE]
Ciao, vorrei aggiornare il mio sistema "Audi Sound System" aggiungendo solo i due altoparlanti centrali alle porte anteriori. Puoi dirmi che tipo di connessioni dovrei osare? Suppongo di dover collegarmi al cavo che va al woofer, ma come posso dividere un segnale audio corretto tra il woofer e il supporto? Conosci i crossover adatti all'ordinamento del segnale audio nel modo giusto?
Ho già trovato questo incluso nel cablaggio, ma non mi sembra di vedere il crossover.

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/de...4&spm=a2141.7631565.user_define_18687051256.4

Ciao

Attachments

• A266603C-FA9D-4D22-82EA-F6CFB93ED709.jpeg
    A266603C-FA9D-4D22-82EA-F6CFB93ED709.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 155
I wonder can @DJAlix do this, besides the Audi Sound System Plus? :blink: Reading through this, it is achievable but is it worth it?? Opt for an aftermarket amplifier instead to give that extra power?
Can I retrofit B&O? Yes. Do I offer it as a service? No. More than happy to code someones installation, and have completed a few surprisingly, but I don't take on the physicals due to the time needed and the related costs.

So has anyone succeeded in just adding the mid range B&O speakers?

Can someone help me with part numbers for the A*S*S system?

Based on the figure below, what are the PNs for front bass and rear mids?

I found some info that front should be 8V0035415C, 8V0035415D or 8V0035415E, and rear 8V4035411B or 8V4035411C, but I have no idea what the C,D,E (B,C) stands for.

Please, if you have, also share PN numbers on all of them so it might help someone else looking for other speakers too.

Thanks alot