Hi from Vancouver, BC, Canada

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've finally decided to take the plunge and I'll be an Audi S3 owner within the next couple months. Have test-driven several S3s, just waiting for the right one to show up. Looking at a 2017 or maybe 2018 depending on cost.

Currently drive a 2016 Golf which I love, but it's time for a little more fun.

Thought I'd jump onto these forums as I'm someone who researches a whole lot before diving in and you folks have been wonderful in helping me make my decision.

Originally from the UK but now live in my dream city and looking to buy my dream car :)

PNCT.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Sandra
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you find the perfect car for you. We look forward to hearing how you get on and some pics when you find the right one. Good luck and enjoy the forum. :)

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you find the perfect car for you. We look forward to hearing how you get on and some pics when you find the right one. Good luck and enjoy the forum. :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Sandra. Very much looking forward to getting the car, but obviously, most importantly looking forward to getting the badges below my name in the sidebar on these forums ;)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Sandra. Very much looking forward to getting the car, but obviously, most importantly looking forward to getting the badges below my name in the sidebar on these forums ;)
Glad you like the badges. If you can’t see a particular badge, just let me know and I will create it. I pretty much got everything covered though. :)

Reactions: GAS MONKEY and Audi Bairn
Welcome mate!
Look forward to seeing your car.
I’ve been to your city and surrounding areas a few times and love it.
@Flying Scotsman is a regular here and is in your area too.
:thumbs up:

Reactions: Sandra
Welcome mate!
Look forward to seeing your car.
I’ve been to your city and surrounding areas a few times and love it.
@Flying Scotsman is a regular here and is in your area too.
:thumbs up:
Thanks @Audi Bairn ! Really appreciate it.

Yeah, Vancouver is beautiful. Some nice driving roads too which is another reason to have a car capable of a bit more fun :) I saw several posts by @Flying Scotsman on here, great to hear he's from around here!

Happy New Year, folks.

Reactions: NevMan, RAF_S7, Sandra and 1 other person
Thanks @Audi Bairn ! Really appreciate it.

Yeah, Vancouver is beautiful. Some nice driving roads too which is another reason to have a car capable of a bit more fun :) I saw several posts by @Flying Scotsman on here, great to hear he's from around here!

Happy New Year, folks.

Happy New Year!

I’ve driven the Sea to Sky Highway many times up to Whistler and also over to Vancouver Island too. Traffic through Van from the airport can be a pain but not too bad.
Love the city and its attractions.
Been in Summer and Winter.

I am jealous of you living there! :blownose::thumbs up:

Reactions: Sandra and NevMan
The Sea To Sky Highway is such a wonderful view for 30 or 40Km. There are shorter, but more "fun" drives just outside of Vancouver and if you head into the Okanagan (about 4 hours East of Vancouver) there are some genuinely wonderful road with amazing views. Plenty remind me of country roads back in the UK, but instead of hedges, you have a humongous lake to look at :) Can't wait to see how much fun they are when I get the S3!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi, i hope you will get your dream car soon..
I only wanna say if you love your golf, you will adore your audi, huge step forward! i still have 2 Golf;)
good luck finding your car man!

Reactions: ProbablyNotCalledTom and NevMan
Thanks so much compusat.

Someone clipped my golf the other day - knocked the back casing of the driver's side wing mirror whilst I was in a car park. Have to get that sorted before I can part-exchange her. Turns out, it's not just the back casing, it's the clip in the bottom piece of the mirror too - which is $300. Ouch. So, all-in, with labour, it's going to cost me north of $800. Stings. A lot.

The market is fairly dry here for used 2017+ s3s at the moment. There's a couple of 2018s that aren't in my budget range, and there's 1 2017 but had an accident, which I'm uncomfortable with. I'm patient though. Well... for now ;)

Reactions: Audi Bairn