Hi - new Allroad owner.

Tiger-G

Reaction score
Hi ,

Just popping in to say "hi", as I've just bought a 2015 Allroad Sport 190 in silver.

I sold my 2009 A3 TDI Quattro Sport in September last year and wanted another Audi, and it had to have four wheel drive, as it is amazing on snow, grass, handling, etc. I wanted something a little bigger, so went for the A4. I loved the looks of the Allroad over the Avant, but soon found that finding the right car with the right mileage, colour (had to be silver ), spec, manual gearbox, horsepower, etc, was going to be almost impossible, as they're as rare as rocking horse sh!t !!

So I waited, and waited, and over a year went by before I found a 65 reg in Floret silver, 17,ooo miles, one owner with traceable history, manual gearbox, that didn't look like it had been abused, and at too good a price to miss - £19,000 .

So no more freezin'my t!ts off riding my motorbike over the winter, and I'm really happy with my Allroad. Hopefully, I won't be on here asking advice on how to fix this and and how to fix that !!

It isn't the quickest of things, so if anyone has any advice on chipping an Allroad that would be great. I wondered if all the different driving modes in "drive select" would still work if it was chipped ??

Cheers,
Graeme.

Reactions: danshonin
Welcome to the Allroad forum Tiger. It's quiet round here (think of a 70s western), but anything we can help with just holler!

Yes, good to wait. There's not a huge amount of Allroads out there, but colour and specification are important. Don't assume because it's 4-wheel drive you're invincible. I 'kissed' a concrete wall last week after a 2-hour Narnia journey because summer tyres in snow aren't a good combination. Now at body shop for new xenon headlight and a little paint.

Yeah, I picked up on how quiet this side of the forum was when I asked about Allroads a while back. I'm sure most questions could be answered on the main A4 forum.

I'm surprised how sure footed the Allroad is, having fun in the snow this week with the traction control switched off. Not bad for such a big car. Sounds like you were doing the same, lol . Good luck getting it sorted out.

Welcome Tiger - not sure how many of us there are on here but I spend most of my time in the A4 B8 forum