Hi , newbie would need some help, 1997 cabriolet

puma999

Reaction score
Hi all , i have purchased a 1997 cab 2.6 , really great car in superb condition , it does however have a couple of issues , the steering wheel could do with replacing and i would like to upgrade at the same time , does any newer audi wheels fit ? A3/A4 etc , there is a helluva rattle from the handle area with the roof up , anyone any ideas/ can the roof be tightened? , the nearside drop glass is a little low on full up , can this be adjusted up , and lastly do any newer audi radio/cd head units fit the car as someone has put in a nasty aftermarket head unit and its naff and i would prefer audi so as to keep the dash lights all the same , cheers in advance and this is a great site , Alan

Hib All , i have fixed the rattle in my roof , it was a loose clamp behind the header rail which took me all of 5 minutes to fix once i was brave enough to take the rail off , i fitted a steering wheel from an audi A4 turbo which is the sportsline and it fits with no modification , i sourced an audi concert head unit and shaved 1mm off each side and it now fits a treat and sounds so much better apart from looking great, i also got 17 inch alloys off of a tt and they fit with adapters , all this took a couple of hours and no modifications and the car looks , drives and sounds awhole lot better ,i didnt receive any advice from members on here but these may have been new issues but i managed to solve them myself and am happy to advise anyone if they have similar problems , next thing is to change the headlamps for angel eye units i have seen on line which are suitable for the audi 80/90 , i wonder if they will fit the cabriolet? anyone know?

I see no reason why headlights designed fpr a 80 wouldn't fit straight on mate.

Cheers , i will give it a try , let you know if it works out , Alan

Cool. Sounds like it's coming on nicely.