HID kit blowing sidelights?

S

Scott_Crossley

Hi guys,

I fitted a hid kit from HID's r us in Bradford, I paid £80 for the kit and they work fine without blowing the wiper motor but.....

I have purchased 2 different types of CREE LED canbus sidelights at a cost of £30 and £25, they last about 3-4 days then randomly one will blow followed by the other one? As you can imagine it's getting a little annoying now I need a 3rd set.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this or a reason why they keep blowing?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

The HID didn't blow the wiper motor just yet...
Some times it happens within 24h & sometimes after 3 years, but eventually happens to almost everybody.
If your kit uses universal chinese HID bulbs with AMP connectors then is not compatible with your wiper motor.
You needs a special HID kit designed for Audi A3 to avoid the problem.

I doubt the HID kit is the one responsible for the LED problems. Never saw that before.
Maybe the problem is the LED itself. Did you try with different LED bulbs from different supplier?

Hi mate,

I had the sidelights in the car for 3 months before I put my HID kit in, after a few days the sidelights blew. I then purchased a different type from a different supplier to ensure the fact they blew was not down to cheaply made products. The same happened again.

Would you be able to provide me with a cost to supply a HID kit and a set of LED sidelights to match? 2010 a3

i can happily say, my HID kit from WellDone is brilliant and everything is still working brilliantly!

Hi Scott,

Price for this special HID kit for A3 is around £100 on group buy (including shipping).
Our HID will avoid any kind of interference, so it should work fine with your LEDs.
I sent you a PM with more info.