HID Wiper Motor FIX

Mobby

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Bought a HID kit off ebay that i am sending back as i want to make sure i get the right kit for the wiper motor issue.

I have come across this company who claim to have been selling the kit for years and garuntee that it will not blow the wiper motor, They use Valeo Ballasts just the the VAG Group.

New OEM HID kit (Compatible with Audi A3 8P) | Welldone Lighting

OEM HID Kit (CANBUS) - Well-Done

They also can fix your wiper motor Wiper motor FIX for Audi A3 (55€) | Welldone Lighting

Kit is over £200 has anyone heard of the problem being avoidable and who was bought what from were with no problems?

Cheers for the help in advance

Regards

That does seem like it may be the fix. It has always been argued that it is/was electrical interference that caused the wiper motor failure. This would seem to back that up and using OEM ballasts would certainly cure that issue.

Hell they warrenty it too

i love how in this link: Wiper motor FIX for Audi A3 (55€) | Welldone Lighting they have a picture of a H7 bulb and then a picture of a proper xenon headlight... misleading!!

the HID kit will make the headlights look like this which is dazzling and blinding not to mention annoying and illegal

3080-dscf2748.JPG

It should look like this!
Prefacelift:

e180d4b7.jpg

or facelift:

file-15.jpg
[/

Love the look of them, you going to try them??

Obviously youll need to get some projector lights

I recently had this dilemma, I didn't know what to do as id heard/read about all these wiper motor issues....

I got in contact with HID's Direct of whom i'd used previously for lots of different bulbs, he promised me that if I ordered the correct kit for my car (that he recommended) then i wouldn't have any issue with the wiper motor.

I bit the bullet and ordered a kit for £70, fitted it no problem and have had no issues, the view of the road at night is so much clearer and brighter now which is what I was after and as a bonus it also gives the car that more modern look.

The car is a 2007 A3 TDI S-Line.

Cheers Paul

I recently had this dilemma, I didn't know what to do as id heard/read about all these wiper motor issues....

I got in contact with HID's Direct of whom i'd used previously for lots of different bulbs, he promised me that if I ordered the correct kit for my car (that he recommended) then i wouldn't have any issue with the wiper motor.

I bit the bullet and ordered a kit for £70, fitted it no problem and have had no issues, the view of the road at night is so much clearer and brighter now which is what I was after and as a bonus it also gives the car that more modern look.

The car is a 2007 A3 TDI S-Line.

Cheers Paul

Have you asked other road users what it's like for oncoming vehicles ?

Have you got auto-levelling ?

Have you got headlamp washers ?

No, No and No.
I have driven another vehicle in front of mine whilst a friend drove my car behind me and it's fine, no major blinding or dazzling, Def no worse than some of the really late model Merc's, BMW's, etc.

The view of the road is now more than twice as bright as before, there is no bad thing about them.

Cheers Paul

No, No and No.
I have driven another vehicle in front of mine whilst a friend drove my car behind me and it's fine, no major blinding or dazzling, Def no worse than some of the really late model Merc's, BMW's, etc.

The view of the road is now more than twice as bright as before, there is no bad thing about them.

Cheers Paul

Good luck with the MOT

Mot will be no problem,

And even if it was i'd just pop the original bulbs back in.

Cheers Paul

Unfortunately Mike, they will pass the MOT test with no auto-leveling system/washer system fitted.

If they aren't fitted, we can't test them. If they are fitted and it is obvious they don't work, then that is a different story.

Unfortunately Mike, they will pass the MOT test with no auto-leveling system/washer system fitted.

If they aren't fitted, we can't test them. If they are fitted and it is obvious they don't work, then that is a different story.

Thanks for that Lewis. I understand your problem.

How do you feel about the irresponsible prats that cause so much trouble ? Do you try and help them to understand the problems, i.e. wrong light diffusion through incorrect, dirty lenses or serious dazzle with passengers in the back or have you got tired of the ' water off a ducks back' impression they exude ?

Hopefully VOSA will actually nail this problem so the pillocks actually behave responsibly rather than have a 'couldn't care less attitude' as shown on some threads in this forum. No doubt the police could help as well but they're too bothered about important things (?) !!!!

I am sick of the boy-racer types chaving around with illegal tinted front windows, blue sidelights (which they change for mot), and ridiculous headlights that are obviously not right, but they must think it's clever. Why are they always driving around during what I always knew to be 'working hours' ?

Sorry - rant over !

mike i swear all your posts are about HID kits lol

How do you feel about the irresponsible prats that cause so much trouble ? Do you try and help them to understand the problems, i.e. wrong light diffusion through incorrect, dirty lenses or serious dazzle with passengers in the back or have you got tired of the ' water off a ducks back' impression they exude ?

Hopefully VOSA will actually nail this problem so the pillocks actually behave responsibly rather than have a 'couldn't care less attitude' as shown on some threads in this forum. No doubt the police could help as well but they're too bothered about important things (?) !!!!

I am sick of the boy-racer types chaving around with illegal tinted front windows, blue sidelights (which they change for mot), and ridiculous headlights that are obviously not right, but they must think it's clever. Why are they always driving around during what I always knew to be 'working hours' ?

Sorry - rant over !

I hope thats not aimed primarily at me...?

Unfortunately you are always going to get people that do the whole awfully modded car thing with such things like tints and coloured lights as you've mentioned, and it is a shame that most get away with doing stuff like that.

In my case I was after a better brighter light from my headlights and in standard form they were just no good, I'd had already tried uprated bulbs which I found to be no better and at the moment can not afford to spend out on new uprated headlights, so for my situation HID's offered the perfect solution, This is all just based on my experiences and opinions... sorry

Cheers Paul

Sorry - rant over !

Mate, I 100% agree with you.

I have posted in others threads on this very subject, advising about glare/incorrect light housings/other roads users and to be honest I am tired of it/trying. I would say that 9 times out 10 the person in question (this is not an attack on the OP, just a general understanding based on what I see posted here and on other forums) completely ignores my post and goes ahead with these kits anyway because; they hate the yellow tint halogens give; they look sweet; they can't afford a proper retro fit etc etc.

I will refrain on commenting on the people who fit these knowing the risk so as not to upset anybody.

Although I sound like I am a miserable old sod, I am infact 23 so it goes to show some of us relatively young 'uns have some sense/consideration :icon_thumright:

Also yes, I do wish VOSA would get their act together and give us a RfR for incorrect use of HIDs in a non type approved housing.

Edit: This post isn't in direct response to your previous post Paul. I had the post sitting idle for a while before hitting Go.

No problem buddy, I don't want to **** people off or anything, just wanted to share my recent experience on this based on the way I went about it...
In the future I would love to carry out a retro-fit and put in some different lights but at the moment this mod will suffice for me.

Cheers Paul

I hope thats not aimed primarily at me...?
Cheers Paul

Absolutely not Paul - I just have trouble understanding why people in general ,who do an HID mod, do not follow the correct procedure in order to comply with best practice. Not being able to afford the 'proper job' means to me that I have to wait until I can afford it !

Mind you, I am an old pensioner and values have changed a lot in recent years !

I do, however, question your values when reading your comment in post #10. That seems to me like a classic ' I know it's wrong but I don't care if I can find a way to get away with it' syndrome.

Just an observation - you will of course, and are entitled to, do what you want.

mike i swear all your posts are about HID kits lol

Not so mate.

Most of my posts are repeating, endlessly, what is needed to retro fit cruise control and mfsw and which airbag will/will not fit !!

A quick search would find all the answers but it seems that people would rather just ask the question, assuming they are the first ones with the problem !

However, I admit retro fit HID's are a constant pain in the **** both on the forum and on the road ! lol

No problem Mike, and just for the record I'm a decent 33 year old bloke.

All I meant was in that post is that because of the self levelling and washer issues that need to also be fitted along with HID's is I haven't got them fitted as mentioned so talking realistically I would if need be just put the standard bulbs back in so then there would be no question with it passing an mot.

I work in a garage which is also why I said that an mot on my car is not normally an issue.

Cheers Paul

i love how in this link: Wiper motor FIX for Audi A3 (55€) | Welldone Lighting they have a picture of a H7 bulb and then a picture of a proper xenon headlight... misleading!!

the HID kit will make the headlights look like this which is dazzling and blinding not to mention annoying and illegal

3080-dscf2748.JPG

[/

What you say is funny... because I do not see anything misleading.

They fix the wiper motor after install aftermarket HID.
And if you check about their products you will see they use some aftermarket Welldone HID to make the OEM headlights Plug & Play. (no VAGCOM needed to setup)
Audi A3 Xenon Headlights - (100% Plug & Play) | eBay

If you use the wrong aftermarket HID (with the halogen headlights or Xenon headlights) you will blow away your wiper.
Where is the misleading information? :uhm:

By the way, there is no need to spend £200. They usually sell the HID for A3 around £110.
You can see this Audi Forum, they use to organize Group Buys to buy this kits.
Compra conjunta KITS XENON WELLDONE - Compras Conjuntas - Audisport Iberica

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say anything about the wiper motor... I clearly said check the link and the picture is misleading! It has a picture of a H7 bulb followed by a picture of the Oem xenon headlight which a h7 does not fit into. The fact that it advertises h7 and shows a oem projector headlight is the misleading part!

I keep seeing nothing misleading.

They say:
“A38P” HID has been a succesfull, since the first kits sold in 2008 we have never saw a single wiper motor failure.

And they offer 2 kind of HID for Audi A3:
- H7 kit for halogen headlight
- D2S kit with Xenon headlight

who says the H7 bulb goes inside of the projector headlight ??

Edit:
In fact they offer 4 or 5 kind of HID for A3 (not 2)
- A38P HID (03-08)
- A38P Facelift HID (09-12)
- OEM HID (valeo ballast)
- OEM Headlights Plug & Play

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep seeing nothing misleading.

They say:
“A38P” HID has been a succesfull, since the first kits sold in 2008 we have never saw a single wiper motor failure.

And they offer 2 kind of HID for Audi A3:
- H7 kit for halogen headlight
- D2S kit with Xenon headlight

who says the H7 bulb goes inside of the projector headlight ??

Edit:
actually they offer 3 kind of HID for A3 (not 2)
- A38P HID
- OEM HID (valeo ballast)
- OEM Headlights Plug & Play

well i dont give a monkeys for their kit... all i was saying was this is misrepresentation of what they sell! when you see this it just looks like they are saying that thier kit makes the light look like this which isnt true and so is misleading
null-105.jpg

I already have the OEM bi-xenon headlights in mine so i dont need this... i would just advise my other customers to stay away from this kit and get the OEM headlights.

plus it still doesnt change the fact that without proper projector headlights the Kit would still be annoying and dazzling as well as illegal

if anyone does decide to use these 'kits' then please get some projector headlamps as well

The H7 kit would work well the ebay projector lights. It's not ideal as the headlights don't look fantastic but at least it will give you projector light beam control and HID.

I've got some DIY xenons on my car using VAG ballasts, perhaps the same in this kit, running them in projectors and D1S bulbs.

Dont work for them, But i have now found a group buy :) So i see not alot of people have found the fix though?