Facelift High Beam Assist

Ellski

Reaction score
Does anyone with good VAGCOM knowledge know if the High Beam Assist function can be activated on the FL since the auto dimming rear view mirror is standard?

I’ve looked online and most things point to the fact that you can but there’s no definitive answer and I’m not if the RS3 mirror would be different if you spec it with HBA from the factory?

Does anyone with good VAGCOM knowledge know if the High Beam Assist function can be activated on the FL since the auto dimming rear view mirror is standard?

I’ve looked online and most things point to the fact that you can but there’s no definitive answer and I’m not if the RS3 mirror would be different if you spec it with HBA from the factory?

Firstly i think you need the sensor fitted on the windscreen

Firstly i think you need the sensor fitted on the windscreen
Ah, from what I read I was under the impression that there was also a forward facing sensor on the auto dimming rear view mirror. Is this not the case then?

I believe the interior mirror is different, it has a light sensor/camera (for active lane assist)

There’s a good chance you could probably activate lane assist but no possible way of activating high beam without the hardware in there.

For high beam assist at £150, its a no brainier if you haven’t specced the matrix.

Some reading here...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/retrofit-high-beam-assist-possible.236851/

AUDI A3 8V Fernlichtassistent   Lichtautomatik FLA NachruestpaketVFL

I believe the interior mirror is different, it has a light sensor/camera (for active lane assist)

There’s a good chance you could probably activate lane assist but no possible way of activating high beam without the hardware in there.

For high beam assist at £150, its a no brainier if you haven’t specced the matrix.

Some reading here...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/retrofit-high-beam-assist-possible.236851/

Yeah I would of specced it but the dealer found one in their network with the exact spec I wanted bar high beam assist and dimming mirrors so for the amount they were able to save me off of a factory order I thought it was worth the plunge.

Will have a look, thanks.

HBA is an easy retrofit - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-hba-retrofit-on-8v-mqb-platform.302460/

When you spec HBA from factory you get a camera in your mirror, when you spec lane assist or traffic sign assist you get a camera in your windscreen;

The windscreen camera can have HBA and traffic sign assist enabled on it post delivery but you cannot enable lane assist/traffic sign assist on the mirror camera

My advice to anyone making a new order would be to spec lane assist or traffic sign assist and have the rest enabled post delivery via coding

Reactions: teslaboy and KKOG