High Beam Assistance & vagcom on 8P anyone?

Hope this is one of those mods that can be do relativly cheaply as it the only other option I would of had. Watching you progress with anticipation nigel!

Cheap, urrmmmm not sure about that as the mirror isnt exactly cheap I can assure you, although I paid a good price.

Oh well, still looking forward to see if it can be done. Glad your willing to have a go! I thought i was brave debadging my car this weekend! (****** scary rippin badges off! can imagine what replacing the mirror is like!)

Any luck with this Nige??

I saw this thread linked from another and it's something I have been looking at.

Pretty sure i have the pin assignments sorted but not sure about the mirror being different.

I also have a different stalk for the Main Beam as you eluded too, it doesn't stay forward but springs back once the MB is on.

Yes the mirror is different & mirror is now fitted & wired, I can login to it & dimming now works as the camera interacts with the dimming aswell, completely different to the older version mirror where you can make it dim yourself, this mirror is utilising multiple sensors inclduing the camera, for the dimming to activate on this new mirror.

I have contact at Gentex now, who has a contact within audi everyday to get more info on the modules it interacts with, so have an email ready to send to him with queries he said he would look into, we'll see.

The stalk I need to figure out how it is programmed to work, as on initial fitment it didnt work with full beam sprung loaded position, it just turned of when I let go of the new stalk, so it has to be a coding option to know its got the new stalk operating on the car, as I have the latest CAN, steering CU etc, I was hoping it was pnp, but alas not, now lookng at the new CE board if that has High Beam Assist Coding aswell which would be a mamoth retrofit to swap over 150 wires, feck me but I'm researching now as it happens, I might do it aswell when I work out where relays move to & then test fit with power & CAN wires only to see if it at least connects with VCDS.

Also the new steering CU doesnt have the steering angle sensor in column anymore, as the new stalk relies on the new steering CU as its got same dates of manu, then this needs to be figured out aswell, I reckon its now in the rack or picked up from the rack, so cant fit new steering CU without knowing where the sensor lies, so need someone to disconnect the rack loom on a ramp then see if the steering angle measuring blocks disappear on there MY10/11 car, its a piece of cake to do tbh, hint hint.

I cant do all these things by myself without others inputs as I have a 54 car, so anyone with newer cars please help us complete this mod or gain further knowledge, I'm 99% sure of the system setup but need confirmations of things as I go along, on a newer car.

Once things confirmed then can test & report.

Mine's MY11 Nigel and as said above I have the newer indicator stalk. I remember seeing in the long coding an option for the indicator stalk type. Want me to have another look?

What sort of cash is the mirror?

This is what I got from Elsa for the wiring change -

G399 Light Sensor - T8ad
J533 Data Bus Diagnostic Interface (CAN Gateway) - T20d
J519 Onboard Supply Control Unit - T52c
Y7 Automatic Anti Dazzle Rear View Mirror - T6y, T8ad (T6y without MBA or T8ad with MBA)

Connect T8ad/8 to T20d/6 (Orange/Brown 0.35)
Connect T8ad/3 to T20d/16 (Orange/Black 0.35)

Disconnect T6y/3 to T52c/28 (Blue/Red 0.35)

Move T6y/1 to T8ad/1 (Black/Purple 0.5)
Move T6y/2 to T8ad/2 (Brown 0.35)

Move T6y4 to T8ad/4 (Purple/Black 0.35)
Move T6y5 to T8ad/5 (Yellow 0.35)

Mines an 09 Nigel, so if I'm bringing it over your way you're welcome to check out all you like on it =)

Need a later car sorry.

Mine's MY11 Nigel and as said above I have the newer indicator stalk. I remember seeing in the long coding an option for the indicator stalk type. Want me to have another look?

What sort of cash is the mirror?

This is what I got from Elsa for the wiring change -

G399 Light Sensor - T8ad
J533 Data Bus Diagnostic Interface (CAN Gateway) - T20d
J519 Onboard Supply Control Unit - T52c
Y7 Automatic Anti Dazzle Rear View Mirror - T6y, T8ad (T6y without MBA or T8ad with MBA)

Connect T8ad/8 to T20d/6 (Orange/Brown 0.35)
Connect T8ad/3 to T20d/16 (Orange/Black 0.35)

Disconnect T6y/3 to T52c/28 (Blue/Red 0.35)

Move T6y/1 to T8ad/1 (Black/Purple 0.5)
Move T6y/2 to T8ad/2 (Brown 0.35)

Move T6y4 to T8ad/4 (Purple/Black 0.35)
Move T6y5 to T8ad/5 (Yellow 0.35)

Urmm, yeah where was that long coding for the stalk Stu, was it in the new CE, any screen dumps would be great as this is encrypted for the newer CE label file so cant see what coding it has available.

Mirror I sourced was £150, you want one?

Yeap wiring looks right to me although thats for new CE & it does show wiring for the older CE aswell either on 8P or new TT in iirc MY10, will recap when reinstalled elsa data as know something clicked in my head, I was sure the new stalk can be fitted with old CE.

Whats chance you lifting your car, disconnecting rack loom to see if the steering angle sensor measurements disappear in an MB?

Last edited:
Need a later car sorry.

No need to apologise, just a thought. If you're busy at the moment, do you have a supply of VCDS cables or do you have to order them? Might be easier for me to come pick one up so I can work these bits out for myself. Need to get this recoding done before I go away. Thanks!

Does the My11 rack connector have more pins that the older version or you guessing the angle sensor is the rack now?

I havnt had chance to check pins mate, I'll check when I have the latest elsawin in my hands end of weekend, but there's nowhere else it can be tbh if we think like spock, only place that has controller that can tell us the angle now is rack, nothing else works inconjunction with the actual steering that I can think of & as they've changed looms/racks now 3 times stands to reason, any suggestions welcome, as looking at new rack otherwise.

Sorry for the delay guys got a few other things going on which means I don't have the time to look at the moment however the steering controller is -

Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 8P0-953-549.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 953 549 K HW: 8P0 953 549 K
Component: J0527 H37 0070
Coding: 0014142

I'll have a look as soon as I get time.

Can someone, who can spare the time, with there new MY10/11 car please get some screen dumps of there new 09 module, so I can see if my speculative guessing is true for the new CE module.

09 with VCDS is this -

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 8P0-907-063.clb
Part No SW: 8P0 907 063 G HW: 8P0 907 063 G
Component: BCM PQ35 M 107 0615
Revision: 00107 AF
Coding: 4E000A2FA005F0C0207241E02100095C427E2BAA316DD928E40008840040
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000

Part No SW: 8P2 955 119 F HW: 8P2 955 119 F
Component: Wischer AU350 H10 0040
Coding: 00DD13

Part No SW: 8K0 910 557 HW: 8K0 955 559 A
Component: REGENLICHTSEN H04 0003
Coding: 024C2D

Part No: 8P0 951 177
Component: Innenraumuebe H04 0020

Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
Component: LIN BACKUP HO H05 1501

Part No: 1K0 907 719 C
Component: Neigungssenso 005 0003

When I get time I'll plug in and find that part for the indicator stalk.

Apologies if this is brief but I'm currently sat in the labour ward with a demanding wife!!

Had a quick check this afternoon and it's in 09 byte 29. Can't remember the bit but I do have it written down.

Let me know if you have it.

Explains it then, wish you luck with that, know that feeling all to well 37 or so days ago, hope it goes well & all come through fine.

When you do get a chance can you please get the screen dump or advise of the actual wording of the BIT, as this mod may require me to completely upgrade to the new CE module which is a hell of a job & probably weeks of research, which I'm prepared to do tbh to finish this mod, moving the convenience module wiring should be fun.

Thanks for the info, if you see anyother reference in 09 to the high beam/high beam assist, would be grateful if you'd advise.

Oh bolloxxxxx, means need new CE & thats a hell of alot of wiring, urrrmmm ok some research to do then, I'm sure its possible as its just a redirection of wiring & relocate to different pin locations.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but was there any more progress on this?

Yes, it requires allot more work for pre09 cars with non 063 ce modules.

You;re going to have to forgive me for my naivety but whats a 063 CE Module? I have an 07 A3 S-Line with the light and rain sensor pack (dimming mirrors and all), would I have this "module"?

Hi, have you installed this on your car? It works fine or rarelly use the high beam? I'm thinking on this but have some doubts about the operationality of this "thing"? What's your opinion, if you have it working.

Hi,

Did anyone succeeded retrofitting the beam assist mirror? I have a MY11 A3.
I can easily buy the mirror, but i'm not sure where it connects.

Thanks!

Did somebody create a step by step tutorial with pictures? I can get my hands on a HBA mirror for €150.
Got a MY11 A3 with the auto dimming rainsensor mirror now.

Hi Nigel any idea of how much extra work on a pre 063 ops? I’ve got one fitted to mine and have sorted the mirror, changed my switch etc was just wondering how much extra work it is to sort the switch for mine? Too be honest I’m thinking about rewiring to the 063 ops anyway but if it’s less work than that to get it working I’m all ears lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hba will not work on 279 modules, requires 063, so you have to rewire to 063, that is a huge amount of work, without even knowing if 063 will even support or work all 279 function's, like abs modules are questionable, however newer abs modules have been fitted to old cars, can't remember right now where this was, but it's possible, so 063 upgrade probably possible too, but it's not just 279, it's 433 has to be integrated too.

Hba will not work on 279 modules, requires 063, so you have to rewire to 063, that is a huge amount of work, without even knowing if 063 will even support or work all 279 function's, like abs modules are questionable, however newer abs modules have been fitted to old cars, can't remember right now where this was, but it's possible, so 063 upgrade probably possible too, but it's not just 279, it's 433 has to be integrated too.

Ah no worries I’ll do the change, if I’m honest I want some of the newer functions anyway like the drl dipping when indicating etc.

I’ve already changed to the MK60CE1 abs unit when I fitted park assist about 6-7 years ago so that’s cool. I’ve got a ops unit on the way that supports it and a complete loom from a 063 ops car so it’ll take a while but I’ll transplant in it. I need to do the airbag ecu so I can finally sort my dual stage out at the same time.

It’s been building to this for a while luckily I’ll steal the mrs Ibiza while I work haha

Reactions: NHN
Ahhh it was you lol, I bookmarked the page just checked.

Ops works on 279 modules mate.

Which part number was the ec1 module, as is that the dis based tpms abs module, its late & heats for to my Brian today so I can't recall everything right now.

From my research as I temporarily wired in power & bus to newer module to test it responded, it had some wiring that couldn't be replicated on the newer module, so I put that to side & with many life things got sidetracked.

However I researched the 279 to 063 module, do a pin to pin excel spreadsheet, it's a mammoth task, will try to help where I can, whatsapp if you like & I'll reply asap.

Reactions: Troubs12
Ahhh it was you lol, I bookmarked the page just checked.

Ops works on 279 modules mate.

Which part number was the ec1 module, as is that the dis based tpms abs module, its late & heats for to my Brian today so I can't recall everything right now.

From my research as I temporarily wired in power & bus to newer module to test it responded, it had some wiring that couldn't be replicated on the newer module, so I put that to side & with many life things got sidetracked.

However I researched the 279 to 063 module, do a pin to pin excel spreadsheet, it's a mammoth task, will try to help where I can, whatsapp if you like & I'll reply asap.

I know what you mean bud I’m on nightshift at present so it’s not too bad but trying to sleep in this heat in the day is a nightmare.

Currently got 1K0907379BE installed abs wise and currently my tmps doesn’t go through the cluster but that might change lol.

Yeah I think i followed you posts to get ops working or coded to my rnse too be fair back in the day. I know I definitely used your white dash posts when I did that again massive thanks.

I was contemplating doing a rewire but as the complete loom was £50 I thought it’d take longer but would be easier to just transplant it in and save running wires to the comfort ecu (damn vag integration) and like I said before I’ve been meaning to sort the airbag harness out for a while now.

I’ll definitely be posting with updates though as I go. As a mate in here said it’ll be a lot of long nights on Elsa but I’ll get it done in the end.

Hi everybody! I want to install the HBA on my pre-facelift. As I read I need to upgrade my CE279 & comfort 433 to the 063 BCM. So, I have all the parts to do it on my car but not enough info.

Could someone, especially NHN, post some info like the pin to pin excel spreadsheet that you talked about please?

Many thanks!

Hi, all. I have a US MY2013 A3 with the light sensor installed in the mirror. Do I need additional equipment/parts to get this to work? Can someone share VAGCOM coding! Many thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk