High Milage Leasing advice?

EssVier

There ain't no party like an S-Club Party.
Reaction score
Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
I gonna be using my car an awful lot for work from now now on, and the thought of 100's of miles per week in the S4 is scary, so i;m looking into leasing.
Most companies are 10k a year, but I reckon I will exceed this.
Any of you guys do high miles in your lease car? Any scare stories? Any good comapnies to look at?
Ive posted on this site as in case you hadnt guessed, I want an Audi, and it would have to be a derv. maybe an A3/A4 TDi.
Will be a comedown from the S4, which is up for sale, but my mate builds supercharged Polo's, which for £2000 will provide hours of fun, and 13 second 1/4 miles haha!
Cheers peeps!

My brother works in car leasing. Obviously high mileage dents the resale value and increases the service & wear and tear costs, so the lease cost goes up. What you need to do is work out your max likely mileage in any one year and providing you tell the company in advance then they should be able to develop a specific price for your needs. They will all have a pricing algorithm that they use to calculate the lease cost based upon inputs (i.e. cost of car, cost of extras, service intervals, mileage, likely resale value etc). I think companies just quote 3 years / 10000 miles or 3 years / 60000 miles as these are the most common variations.

Off topic - you mate wasn't at Brands Hatch at a track day back on the 9th December? There was a guy there with a supercharged white 1.4 polo having a play.

I definately wouldn't lease if you're going to be racking up the mileage. Why not buy a high mileage TDi, loads of B6 A4's available for around £5k and you'll save a fortune.
We bought our workhorse TDi at 112k miles, it's now done 170k and still drives really well and makes money as it's used for business.

Im with AndyMac on this one, buy a TDi!! Best consideration would be to visit a big car auction as they will see a stack of A4 ex-company car or ex-lease cars going through there, 3 years old c60k on the clock and with a full service history. They go cheap as they are basic enough spec but it'll go on for a long time! Suggest you get the cambelt changed straight away though as it wont of been done on that sort of car just yet.

What do you want from the lease ? do you want all maintenance covered, exactly how many miles per year do you want to do and how long do you want to keep the car ?

There are some leasing sites out there that offer cheap rates even with 20k per year but they tend to be on cars already built.

You can look at LEX to get an idea of a quote although they ain't the cheapest.

i got a great lease deal on my a3 - 25,000 miles per year over four years.

the trick is to pick a car that is going to be worth more than 3 pence at the end.

try uknewcars.co.uk

Thanks all guys! I have been thinking about buying a B6 TDi, my old man used to have one before his Sportback and it was great!
Would love one of the GMBH Sport jobbies, would have to chip it up to make it somewhere near as fun as the S4 though!
Seriously tempted by leasing, as would claim as much back through the accounts, but dont fancy being raped by the taxman and serious depreciation!

Would you pay the lease or would the company be paying it direct ? If you pay it then you would be liable for VAT, if the company paid then the chances are they could recover the VAT on the finance and 50 % on maintenance.

SteveTDCi said:
Would you pay the lease or would the company be paying it direct ? If you pay it then you would be liable for VAT, if the company paid then the chances are they could recover the VAT on the finance and 50 % on maintenance.

That kinda stuff i'm not 100% with as of yet, as I still need to discuss it with the office I will be working from, we're constructing a plan and benefits etc.
I did start looking at B6 TDi's circa £5k, and the price band kept creepoing up, and ive seen some lush TDi sports, and tempted with an Avant!!

As for the Polo, it wasnt anything to do with my mate dan, but he has just helped put together a 200whp Polo, with a turbo rather than the usual 'charger, will get some vid links up when he sends me them! Awesome piece of kit!