Highest mileages on original clutch

VeeFource

Reaction score
Given the S1's clutch is meant to be it's achilles heel, I wondered what sort of mileages other S1 owners have reached on their non-remapped (assuming there are any on here hehe) car's original clutch?

I've also read that the clutch was updated for 2017 models for this very reason but I've yet to come accross anyone with any evidence of this?

Given the S1's clutch is meant to be it's achilles heel, I wondered what sort of mileages other S1 owners have reached on their non-remapped (assuming there are any on here hehe) car's original clutch?

I've also read that the clutch was updated for 2017 models for this very reason but I've yet to come accross anyone with any evidence of this?
I did 29000 miles on mine, with remap

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the updated clutch is a myth.... I've never found any proof of that.

My clutch did 19k miles and then I mapped it and it did 300 more :)

I did 70K miles on my OEM clutch. No slipping, I changed it due to going stage 1, but up until the change it was still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gralegav and VeeFource
I did 70K miles on my OEM clutch. No slipping, I changed it due to going stage 1, but up until the change it was still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, cheers for that! Hopefully no need to be too paranoid about it then if keeping the engine stock

I've done 36000 miles totally standard it's on its last legs but I've done a bit of looking around an got a quote for a carbon clutch flywheel an csc for 795 it's good for about 500 nm

I've done 36000 miles totally standard it's on its last legs but I've done a bit of looking around an got a quote for a carbon clutch flywheel an csc for 795 it's good for about 500 nm

Hmmm, not a great mileage that. Wonder why they are so poor given they're probably the same as the golf GTI clutch which is a heavier car

I think it could be to do with the quattro system I know a lot of my friend who had the renault 21 quattro suffered alot with over heating on theirs when they lUn had it a few times but I'm not an expert. My clutch is ok it only slightly slips when I've really been on it an only I sixth I think I'll still get another 5000 at least

Mine is a 2017 S1, stage 1 to 300bhp, 440nmtq. Had it remapped a while ago but because of all the lockdowns only done about 1k miles since, clutch is starting to slip at 31k. The car was second hand at 15k so don't know how it's been driven before. I never sit on the clutch, never thrash it pulling off until the clutch is full out, though I do lean on engine braking a bit.

Mine is a 2015, completely standard (did have a tuning box on it for a year before I bought it) with 37,000 miles. The throwout bearing is on its way out, and the clutch engagement is very jumpy some days. However, the clutch is yet to slip on me thankfully. Fingers crossed it lasts a bit longer as I can deal with a poorly throwout bearing