Highest Polluting Vehicles!

meatychi

Reaction score
OK so Mr Brown has announced his hike of tax's surrounding emissions but all I can find is the term "Highest Polluting Vehicles!"

Which tax bands does this include?

According to the BBC website, the cars affected will be 'Band F' and Band 'G'

Band F are cars that emit more than 185 g/km (£10 rise)

Band G are cars that emit more than 225 g/km (un-reported rise)

Talking of tax increses for cars with high emissions, did anyone watch the Great Global Warming Swindle on C4 about a week ago. Alot of important scientist have stated that CO2 is not causing the global warming. Just wondering what others thought.

Basically, the gas-guzzlers in the highest band next year face a whopping hike from £220 to £400. That's probably not going to upset too many people here (other than new Q7 owners perhaps) which is why the government have done it.

As we well know, 4x4s and other huge cars are soft targets for just about everyone these days; thieves, vandals, environmentalists and our dear government too, hence the price rise.

Yes James, I downloaded it after Peter Hitchens recommendation a couple of weeks ago.
Not only were there a lot of scientists on the programme saying that atmospheric CO2 concentration lags temperature rise,
they were from proper academic institutions like MIT, UCL and Cambridge, unlike the chaps in Gore's shock-flick (including himself with his liberal arts degree).

The whole man-made impending horror is just a way to guilt people into handing over more of their hard earned to the government.

Tim Stuart said:
According to the BBC website, the cars affected will be 'Band F' and Band 'G'

Band F are cars that emit more than 185 g/km (£10 rise)

Band G are cars that emit more than 225 g/km (un-reported rise)

A tenner isnt too bad I guess!

I think its 80 for group G then another 100 on top of that next year!

Sorry, I have no sympathy for 4x4 owners, most ridiculous vehicles on the planet, they get all the abuse they deserve.

Does that include quattro owners?

AndyMac said:
Sorry, I have no sympathy for 4x4 owners, most ridiculous vehicles on the planet, they get all the abuse they deserve.
I'm presuming you're referring to the "off-road" genre of 4X4, i.e. Landcruiser, X5, Q7 types. If so, I agree 100% (unless, of course, you live in a remote rural area and/or actually use the thing off road)

AndyMac said:

How else can i get the kids to school???
Serious time.
We have a 4x4 and love it, don't care if i have to pay, as i use it for a purpose..

I'm wondering what the tax will go up for me!!

Pfft the misses is still paying less than me with her Shogun Pinin!

Bird at work's got one of those ****** Citroen C1 things and pays £40 a year road tax!

The Band F has gone up from £190 to £205 so not the nd of the world.

Regarding big 4 wheel drives, personally I don't care what anyone thinks. If I want one (I do to replace the family car B-class in 18months) I am going to buy one.

Worth remembering that if you car was originally registered before 1st March 2001 you remain on the flat rate scheme (TC11) no matter what the CO2 - and that has 'only' increased from £175 to £180 a year.

So if you had an S3, and it was registered 28th Feb 2001 as an X reg you pay £180; if it were registered 1st March 2001 as a Y reg you pay £205.

Jamesh said:
Talking of tax increses for cars with high emissions, did anyone watch the Great Global Warming Swindle on C4 about a week ago. Alot of important scientist have stated that CO2 is not causing the global warming. Just wondering what others thought.

Yeah I saw it and apparantly global warming is to do with sunspot activity
In the 70s the temperature of the planet was actually falling and there was more greenhouse gases been pumped into the air than now.

Just another goverment con to get more money out of the taxpayer.

Does that mean all oil companies aren't evil? Damn, I'll have to go work for imperial tobacco...

LottieA3 said:
What does that mean to me? I am confused...:sorry:
When was your car registered? - if it was before 1st March 2001 (Y plate) then not a lot - car tax goes up a fiver.